PDA

View Full Version : Anyone ride the Fierte CS?

Skrawny
12-21-2004, 05:39 PM
Has anyone ridden the Fierte CS? How does it ride compared to last year's model with the Ti seatstays?

-skrawny

PS- Beautiful day in SF today. I had the day off and have finally recovered from snowboarding. Spent the day on a nice easy roll through the Marin Headlands... LIFE IS GOOD! :banana:

Skrawny
12-22-2004, 01:30 PM
Maybe I should have worked head tube angles, or Lance Armstrong into my question somehow...

dirtdigger88
12-22-2004, 01:41 PM
I just think the mode has just come out and there are not that many out in the shops yet-

jason

Lost Weekend
12-22-2004, 02:20 PM
Skrawny, I can't help you with the fierte question, but where did you go boarding and how was the snow?
I skiied at heavenly a few weeks ago and it was great- a bit cold in the a.m, but no wind. :)

Serotta PETE
12-22-2004, 06:42 PM
Over the past year, I have had the chance to ride a CDA vs a CIII, and like the difference of the rear end over rough roads. Not a difference of night and day but a nice change.

What I would suggest is seeing if CITY cycle is getting any in for demo or call Kelly at Serotta and ask him, what differences you would see for your given size, weight, and type of riding. Kelly knows more about frame design and build characteristics (for different biuld materials) than anybody that I know/

Pete

Skrawny
12-23-2004, 09:08 PM
Pete,
Thanks, I have been to City Cycle & that's what started all of this. They have an '04 Fierte in my size at a good discount, but they don't have any of the '05s in yet. I don't quite have the cash yet to drop on the Fierte, but I worry that if I wait to test the '05 I'll lose my shot at the good discount!

Lost,
We were at Kirkwood and the snow base was good (if a little icy) and the weather was pretty warm. It was the first weekend that the back slopes were opened. All and all it felt like spring skiing.

Enjoy!
-skrawney

jerk
12-23-2004, 09:25 PM
skrawney- put a deposit on the 04 frame.....wait untill the 05 comes out....then you'll have the choice. the shop will hold the 04 for you and if you like the 05 better, you can buy it. shops love to hold bikes for customers.....and this way they get some of yoru money, you're locked in to the price and you get to wait for the 05.
jerk

(for what it's worth....both bikes are wonderful and will serve you well.)

dbrk
12-23-2004, 11:54 PM
Over the past year, I have had the chance to ride a CDA vs a CIII, and like the difference of the rear end over rough roads. Not a difference of night and day but a nice change.
Pete

Pete,
I'm curious: bikes are identical in size and using the same wheels and tires? Is this an apples to apples comparison? Do tell. Nice work on the Sachs, bud...

dbrk