PDA

View Full Version : Harry Kalas

bozman
04-13-2009, 04:51 PM
Rest in peace.

Richard
04-13-2009, 05:03 PM
One of the all time great baseball voices. As a Philadelphian and Phillies fan, he was like family. May have been in my house (through the TV) more than some of my blood reletives.

RIP

Ray
04-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Yeah, Philly is crying tonight - he's the lead story everywhere and the local sportscasters were literally in tears talking about him. At least it happened AFTER they won the Series. His call of that final out will live on for a loooong time.

RIP Harry.

-Ray

johnnymossville
04-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Awwww that's sad. I remember going fishing with my dad at the lake on warm summer evenings, listening to my little radio, and he'd be calling the game. All seemed right in the world when he was speaking.

pjm
04-14-2009, 08:00 AM
The Puppy Bowl will never be the same. :(

Len J
04-14-2009, 07:31 PM
My 29 YO daughter, who has season tics & is a Phillies Phanatic, texted me with the news...she fell in love with the Phils listening to Harry on the radio....to her..He IS the Phils.

Class act & great announcer......

RIP.

Len

rdparadise
04-14-2009, 08:03 PM
A great voice, a loving man, loved by everyone in Philly. RIP Harry. Prayers for your wife and family. You will be sorely missed. It is great as Ray said that he lived long enough to call the last out of the World Series last year. Gotta love it.

You should have heard his call of Matt Stairs go ahead HR on Sunday. Just special!

Bob