PDA

View Full Version : A cool new bike

Jack Brunk
04-11-2009, 10:57 PM
Saw in person and up close the new 2010 Giant TCR Advanced Limited Edition bike today and man it's a beauty. Serial number 27 out of 150 with full electronic Dura Ace, special anodized Zero Gravity brakes, Mavic Cosmic Carbone Ultimate wheels, FSA Plasma bars and frame is painted in a white and blue color theme that really works. The frame is specially made to hide the battery and you really have to look hard to even see where the battery is located. Retail price is $14,000 and looks to worth the price. I really like the ergo feel of the shifters and the cranks are specially made to be used with the electonic shifters. If anyone is interested let me know and I can probably get you a good deal for the whole package. Size of the frame in a medium. I'll hopefully have pictures soon.

jimcav
04-11-2009, 11:43 PM
Saw in person and up close the new 2010 Giant TCR Advanced Limited Edition bike today and man it's a beauty. Serial number 27 out of 150 with full electronic Dura Ace, special anodized Zero Gravity brakes, Mavic Cosmic Carbone Ultimate wheels, FSA Plasma bars and frame is painted in a white and blue color theme that really works. The frame is specially made to hide the battery and you really have to look hard to even see where the battery is located. Retail price is $14,000 and looks to worth the price. I really like the ergo feel of the shifters and the cranks are specially made to be used with the electonic shifters. If anyone is interested let me know and I can probably get you a good deal for the whole package. Size of the frame in a medium. I'll hopefully have pictures soon.

i saw the DA up close at the TOC, have ridden the bars and brakes and as good/better wheels: what did you see in the frame that seemed to be a leg up on other high end carbon?

thanks
jim

dancinkozmo
04-12-2009, 07:05 AM
theres a typo in your post jack ....you put an extra 0 in the price of the bike so it reads $14,000 instead of $1,400 .

1centaur
04-12-2009, 08:56 AM
I have never seen a Giant that I think looks good, which is a pity because I keep reading they are well engineered and ride well. I'm talking shape more than paint - I can't even imagine how I would paint one to look good.

How was the crank specially engineered to work with E-DA?

Climb01742
04-12-2009, 09:00 AM
I have never seen a Giant that I think looks good, which is a pity because I keep reading they are well engineered and ride well. I'm talking shape more than paint - I can't even imagine how I would paint one to look good.

camo?

Samster
04-12-2009, 09:05 AM
their bikes ride fine. however, i too prefer a more "classic" looking bike. never thought i'd be a retro-grouch, but there you go.

Grant McLean
04-12-2009, 11:25 AM
I have never seen a Giant that I think looks good

For years and years, I would agree, there were a bunch of stinkers.
In the last season or so, they've really cleaned up their look, imho

-g

Lazarus
04-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Same Giants, they just have cooler decals.

Jack Brunk
04-12-2009, 12:15 PM
i saw the DA up close at the TOC, have ridden the bars and brakes and as good/better wheels: what did you see in the frame that seemed to be a leg up on other high end carbon?

thanks
jim
I don't know about it having a leg up on other carbon frames. I was impressed with the design of internally channeling the wires which gave it a really clean look. I've heard nothing but super positive comments from the Amgen master race team about how well the TCR Advanced frames ride. I know for a fact that these guys ride the crap out of the bikes. I'll try and get some pics this week.

1centaur
04-12-2009, 01:23 PM

-g

That picture hits me wrong in many ways. The relative seat post proportions, the "giant" reinforcement of the head tube, the starting point of the seat stays on the ST (that overbred German Shepherd squat), the slope of the TT, the slimming down of the TT as it reaches the ST (makes me think they added so much weight elsewhere they chose to save it there - a problem I felt was a performance issue on the original Orca) - the whole thing looks unbalanced to me. I assume the engineering drove the design and I know it's flawed of me to want to see art or to ascribe aesthetic demerits for breaks from the past but... These big proportional variations are why I said I would not know how to paint it to make it look good.

rnhood
04-12-2009, 01:30 PM
White looks pretty good.

http://www.cyclingnews.com/photos/2009/tech/features/paris_roubaix109/P-R_Rabobank_Langeveld_full_view.jpg

Samster
04-12-2009, 09:58 PM

-g
imo, i thought the bikes of 1999ish vintage (like the ONCE bikes of Olano, et al.) were kind of cool looking... like 20 spd bmx'ers. however, i think the move to carbon left their frames pointlessly curvy and reminiscent of bobsleds with wheels. but then again, one man's meat...