PDA

View Full Version : OT? Earthquake in Italy. Will there be Italian frame shortage in the horizon?

legacysti888
04-06-2009, 12:33 PM
Just wondering if there will be a shortage of Italian bikes after this quake.

If there will be, prices will go up pretty soon, no?

Not too sure where all the bike factories are... can anyone help shed more light on this?

goonster
04-06-2009, 12:35 PM
Not too sure where all the bike factories are...

They are not in the Abruzzo.

legacysti888
04-06-2009, 12:35 PM
How about component factories?

TACSTS
04-06-2009, 01:13 PM
I'm not one to normally speak out on something like this, but considering the destruction and loss of life, I feel it is a bit insensitive to be concerned if the price of our toys is going to increase.

d_douglas
04-06-2009, 01:23 PM
I am thinking you are joking?

Did you ask if disposable plastic food containers will go up in price following the tsumani that hit Thailand, etc.?

uno-speedo
04-06-2009, 01:25 PM
I'm not one to normally speak out on something like this, but considering the destruction and loss of life, I feel it is a bit insensitive to be concerned if the price of our toys is going to increase.

I agree. I think the OP needs to clarify what it is he is asking.

legacysti888
04-06-2009, 01:40 PM
Apologies if I appear insensitive.

I have lost fiends and families in the Thailand Tsunami and I am fully aware of the destruction Nature is capable of. I do have deep scars from it.

I have also lost friends and families in the Indonesia earthquakes and riots. I have lived in Singapore for many years.

Those events have left very deep scars and a heavy heart and one can never get over lost familes and friends. I have also made countless financial and time contributions to help support the recovery of my friends families and my own.

That aside, I am assuming that this is a Bike Forum and just wanted to know if the supply and demand for Italian goods will rise to a point where it will be beyond reach for most people.

I am not an economist or analyst. I'm just inquiring. That is all and thanks for your response, if at all.

ciclisto
04-09-2009, 03:17 PM
my family is from the town the quake hit, you are pretty ignorant to worry about parts, frames, and not much of a cyclist if you are not aware that the area of Milan and north east Italy is where your "stuff" comes from. Two minutes you spent typing the post could have been spent in a little research. over and out ^^^^^^^^^^^ no need to respond :crap:

csm
04-09-2009, 03:28 PM
lighten up folks.

dookie
04-09-2009, 05:08 PM
:confused:

seemed like a reasonable question to me...