PDA

View Full Version : Seeking Opinions - 'Classic' Legend Build

blschaefer1
04-03-2009, 08:31 PM
I recently purchased a mint Legend from a fellow forumite. It is an 'older classic' model, with 1" steerer, quill stem, and a classy silver Chris King headset.

I am thinking of putting a new '09 silver Campy Centuar build kit on it in keeping with the classic, silver theme. What do ya'll think?

What should I do for a wheelset? All of my other wheels are modern, carbon types. Looking for something lightweight but still classic in appearance. DT Swiss RR1.1's with silver White industry hubs, something to that effect?

Appeciate your feedback - thanks.

rwsaunders
04-03-2009, 08:48 PM
Enough with the teasing....what color is the frame....polished Ti, brushed Ti, paint, 1/2 paint? :cool:

tuscanyswe
04-03-2009, 08:53 PM
I the centaur looks great if not for the shifters. Id try to find the pre 09 or even veloce if you can live with that. You might also want to change chainrings since they dont have the best finish imo.

Visually i prefer the open pro to dt rims, slimmer look.

blschaefer1
04-03-2009, 08:59 PM
Enough with the teasing....what color is the frame....polished Ti, brushed Ti, paint, 1/2 paint? :cool:

Good question, should have specified that is is fully painted. A very nice red with white logos/markings that are outlined in black.

rwsaunders
04-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Let's start with some white bar tape and a white saddle.....

Marcusaurelius
04-04-2009, 12:39 AM
I just helped a friend put 09 centaur parts on a bike and although I was not thrilled with the new shifters, I now like them. I do think they could make the derailleur cables easier to install on the ergo levers but overall it's solid stuff.

One thing I never liked about some of the pre 09 veloce/centaur 10 speed ergo shifters was the diminished size of the thumb shifter. I found it too small but luckily they kept the chorus/record thumb shifter the same size.

I think campagnolo has almost given up on making hubs--black record that that's it. I have no experience with white industries hubs but very few others make silver campagnolo hubs besides perhaps miche. I'm going to probably try a set on my cyclocross bike this summer.