PDA

View Full Version : Photos of different colors

SteveV0983
04-03-2009, 06:01 PM
I am getting ready to order a Coeur D'Acier GS with the solid paint scheme and would like to know if anyone has any pictures of your Serotta that you could post with any of these color combos:
-Quicksilver with red
-Sapphire Blue with black
-White with red
-New Zealand Pearl with anything

It doesn't have to be a CDA and it doesn't even have to have the same color decals. I just want to see some real bikes in these colors. I don't really believe that the paint program is very accurate since the paint program colors look nothing like the sample "2008 colors" on the paint page. I found a few pictures in the forums, but the more the better.

Thanks in advance.

Ken Robb
04-03-2009, 06:06 PM
isn't there a provision on this site to let you design any color scheme you want to see?

SteveV0983
04-03-2009, 06:14 PM
There is, but even the people at Serotta admit that the colors in the paint program are not accurate. It's something to play around with, but it's not like seeing a photo of the real thing. Look at any of the colors in the program and then look at any photos that are posted and they are quite different.

SoCalSteve
04-03-2009, 06:40 PM
Also, something to think about...

The colors will look different on every computer monitor. They all have their own personality and unless you get a calibration tool and software and set to industry standards (and there are many of these) then whatever you look at (color-wise,brightness-wise, sharpness-wise, etc) will not be accurate as well.

Try printing a picture that you took on a digital camera. The real color will look different than on the monitor and it will look even more different when you go to print.

Dont mean to be negative, just being realistic.

Good luck in your search!

Steve

SteveV0983
04-03-2009, 07:33 PM
I understand that monitor color calibration is not typically accurate, but it's my only option. I know that photos uploaded online are not perfect, but they are closer than the paint program. So if anyone has any photos of these color schemes, it would be appreciated. Thanks again.

cp43
04-03-2009, 08:32 PM
Mine is just plain Sapphire Blue, no black, but here it is. Not the best pic, but hope it helps.

Chris

Edit: PM me with your email if you want me to send you the full size version.

http://serotta.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=55724&stc=1

pmac
04-03-2009, 11:29 PM
I think most shops that carry Serotta will have sample tubing of all the colors. If at all possible I'd check that out, and carry the tubes outside into the sun to see how they look there. I had a pretty good idea what I wanted from the program at the Serotta site, but it was looking at the tubes that let me feel confident that I had made the right choices. Good luck.

Paul

jpw
04-04-2009, 05:13 AM
Well, my dealer has those short tubes painted in the available colours.

goboyle
04-04-2009, 06:28 AM
Here's my CDA in New Zealand Pearl with Black/white outlined lettering.

goboyle
04-04-2009, 06:52 AM
Here is a slightly larger picture.http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=52855

SteveV0983
04-04-2009, 07:10 AM
Thanks for the pictures and please keep them coming if you happen to read this. When I went for my fitting, I forgot to ask about the sample tubes and the dealer is almost 200 miles away. So photos are going to be my best bet. I know that the color will be great no matter which one I choose because of the quality of their paint jobs. I currently have a 1993 Colorado tg and it looks as good today as the day I bought it.

bhungerford
04-04-2009, 08:35 AM
check out my CDA in my signature for the white. its a "pure white" as in no pearl or metal effect to it. very nice.

the CDA is an awesome bike btw! :beer: