PDA

View Full Version : Join us in New Hampshire cycling Aug 16 to 22

Smiley
04-03-2009, 05:23 PM
Forumites, come join Karen and I along with maybe Pete and Zap / Zip riding with the fine folks of Bike Vermont.

http://www.bikevt.com/tours/details.php?tid=79/

Plenty of space available and rides can and will be lengthened even if we have to get lost to do it. We've done a Tour with these guys before and they are FIRST class. So why don't you join us for some riding adventures. We'll be riding our tandem btw.

zap
04-03-2009, 05:37 PM
According to the folks at BikeVT, longer cue's are available.

We'll be on tandem too.

Cooking class anyone?

Smiley
04-03-2009, 05:48 PM
According to the folks at BikeVT, longer cue's are available.

We'll be on tandem too.

Cooking class anyone?

Hooray !!! Now all we need is Pete for the supply of fine RED :)

maunahaole
04-03-2009, 05:50 PM
Beautiful time of year to be in NH/VT. Most likely will not be too hot and mornings will be nice and cool. Sounds like a nice trip.

Bruce K
04-03-2009, 07:34 PM
I can't seem to find the total cost for the tour but after CO, I'm not sure I can do the whole thing.

Maybe we could "run into each other" on one of the riding days.

BK

eddief
04-03-2009, 08:35 PM
would that be Boston?

maunahaole
04-03-2009, 08:51 PM
My guess would be Manchester NH. Pretty sure that you can get decent fares int Manchester as well.

Smiley
04-03-2009, 09:03 PM
I can't seem to find the total cost for the tour but after CO, I'm not sure I can do the whole thing.

Maybe we could "run into each other" on one of the riding days.

BK

$995.00 per person 6 days , 5 nights and meals included

Bruce K
04-03-2009, 09:24 PM
Must resist..... :rolleyes:

If I get either a renewal of my teaching contract or a new contract in a different district, this might be a possibility. It will be mostly up to "she who must be obeyed (and gave the Ottrott)".

BK

Ray
04-04-2009, 03:52 AM
I would do this in a second if I didn't have a prior commitment (which I may try to get out of, but its wife's family's week at the beach, so not good politics to push too hard). I did a Bike Vermont tour once with my daughter and they accommodate all levels pretty well. Which is good, because I'm all levels these days - probably just stick to the longer of their two canned routes each day. The trip I did included dinner every night, probably because it wasn't near any decent restaurants. This one your on your own for dinner three of the five nights, but in towns with good options. So you'll add on to the $995 for at least a few nice meals.

Sounds like a blast. Outside chance at best, but not out of the question...

-Ray

Tom
04-04-2009, 09:02 AM
You are circling around within about ten miles of where I grew up, about three ridges south of Woodstock. You'll like those roads a lot.

Do visit King Arthur, if for nothing else pastry research.

Check out Simon Pearce, too. Keep my brother employed.

Ahneida Ride
04-04-2009, 09:07 AM
Bike Vermont is first class all the way.... !!!!

Fantastic staff !!!!

I need more frns for this excursion

endosch2
04-04-2009, 04:01 PM
My guess would be Manchester NH. Pretty sure that you can get decent fares int Manchester as well.

Fly to manchester (Southwest) - 1 hour to hanover / lebanon - or fly to Burlington VT if you want Jet Blue.

gdw
04-05-2009, 03:41 PM
Burlington and Manchester are about the same distance from Lyme but the rates to Burlington are often less expensive. You can also fly to Boston, catch a hop to Lebanon Airport, and rent a car from Avis and Hertz. They have taxi and limo service from the airport as well. The road cycling in that area is excellent but bring mosquito repellant if you plan to stop and take pictures.

Pete Serotta
04-05-2009, 05:22 PM
I have my reservation and now need a room mate :D (as well as someone to pull me up the hills) :bike:

Bruce K
04-05-2009, 05:32 PM
You guys are killin' me. :crap:

We'll see what I can pull off.

Remeber Pete, CO is just 2 weeks before this jaunt. :D

BK

zap
04-06-2009, 09:57 AM
We are in.

Now, one big problem. Zip wants a bike rack so she can carry her camera, lenses and other photo related kit.

Help :crap:

Our tandem has braze on's for some sort of rack over the rear wheel but I have no clue what to look for. Remember, we don't even have saddle bags so trunks on a bike is really new to me. :) , tell me more about your set up.

Bruce K
04-06-2009, 04:36 PM
I can probably handle a couple of bikes shipped here for folks that fly into Boston and want to save a buck or two.

I have a basement work room where assembly could be done.

BY YOU, NOT ME !! :rolleyes:

Tandems could stay in the garage for a day or two.

Storage space is cheap. :beer:

Even if I don't make the ride.

BK

Smiley
04-08-2009, 09:05 PM
Selling out fast according to Laurie at Bike VT. Great price and great friends. Who's on board.

gdw
04-08-2009, 11:10 PM
Rent the movie Ghost Story
http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0082449/
before you go. Quite a bit of it was filmed in and around Woodstock.

tv_vt
04-09-2009, 04:00 PM
Jeezem, you're in my neck of the woods for this one. I live a mile from where you'll stay one night (in Norwich). Save room for some good beer there. I will try to hook up with you all. Great routes. Bring some low gears and some slightly fatter tires. (Roads have to deal with winter frost heaves around here...)

Not sure about dates, but there's a century you might be able to hook on to, also. Check out the Mad River Century. May be Saturday, the 22nd. Which is also same day as D2R2, I think, also not too, too far away from where this ride is based.

Thom

Smiley
04-09-2009, 04:34 PM
Jeezem, you're in my neck of the woods for this one. I live a mile from where you'll stay one night (in Norwich). Save room for some good beer there. I will try to hook up with you all. Great routes. Bring some low gears and some slightly fatter tires. (Roads have to deal with winter frost heaves around here...)

Not sure about dates, but there's a century you might be able to hook on to, also. Check out the Mad River Century. May be Saturday, the 22nd. Which is also same day as D2R2, I think, also not too, too far away from where this ride is based.

Thom
Brother Thom, u need a cell to be connected to us, if your available how about getting together?

Ti Designs
04-09-2009, 06:51 PM
Our tandem has braze on's for some sort of rack over the rear wheel but I have no clue what to look for. Remember, we don't even have saddle bags so trunks on a bike is really new to me. :) , tell me more about your set up.

Which tandem do you have? I have mounted lots of camera bags on tandems, everything from small point and shoot set-ups to the full blown 8x10 rig with tripod. For my own tandems I use the Tubus Fly on my Robusta with small panniers, my Ritchey Skyliner has the Tubus Cargo rack with Madden Buzzards. A lot of the decision comes down to the tandem.

tv_vt
04-09-2009, 08:36 PM
"Brother Thom, u need a cell to be connected to us, if your available how about getting together?"

Smiley, pm sent.

If anyone needs a location to ship a bike, let me know. I'd be happy to have them sent here (Norwich, VT - 10 miles from Lyme, NH).

Thom

Andreas
04-10-2009, 06:01 AM
Jeezem, you're in my neck of the woods for this one. I Check out the Mad River Century. May be Saturday, the 22nd. Which is also same day as D2R2, I think, also not too, too far away from where this ride is based.

Thom

I am in Hanover. PM if you need info about extended dirt road adventures or need more info on local rides.
BTW, deerfield is on the 15th this year, would be a nice way to ease into the week. Let me know when you gather for beers at the NI.

Bruce K
04-10-2009, 06:25 AM
As much as I would like to join you guys for the week, it just doesn't seem to make financial sense at that time for me.

I might try to get up there for a day or two, stay independently and ride with you guys and maybe share some red, or amber, or whatever.

BK

Tom
04-10-2009, 07:14 AM
A little down the road from Woodstock by way of Rte. 12. Good beer, excellent food and a surprising hotbed of road cycling.

William
04-10-2009, 07:32 AM
Bike Vermont is first class all the way.... !!!!

Fantastic staff !!!!

I need more frns for this excursion

Unca Ray,

I say we just go hang and ride the roads with them. Beaside, you're always a popular guy at the ride gatherings.....pour it and they will come... :)

William

zap
04-10-2009, 10:12 AM
Which tandem do you have? I have mounted lots of camera bags on tandems, everything from small point and shoot set-ups to the full blown 8x10 rig with tripod. For my own tandems I use the Tubus Fly on my Robusta with small panniers, my Ritchey Skyliner has the Tubus Cargo rack with Madden Buzzards. A lot of the decision comes down to the tandem.

CoMo Double Espresso built in '93. We have braze on's near the top of the seatstays' and above the dropouts.

zap
04-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Now that I know where to look...................this looks pretty cool http://www.tubus.com/index/lang/en/rubrik/Rear%20Carriers/artikel/Airy%20-%20the%20worldwide%20first%20titanium%20carrier

Smiley
04-10-2009, 04:48 PM
Lets do a +40 mile ride on Sunday starting from the Inn in Lyme, see the rides and events section and post there. Smiley

Ray
04-13-2009, 05:04 AM
Selling out fast according to Laurie at Bike VT. Great price and great friends. Who's on board.
Can't do it. Its the whole of the exact week my wife's family is at the beach - I'd have to miss the whole week, which will cause more friction than I'm willing to take on. If I could show up for a couple of days and then bail for VT, I'd do it, but to not show up would not fly. Love to do it - Bike Vermont is pretty much my speed and it would be mucho fun. Maybe next year....

-Ray