PDA

View Full Version : Corrosion-X

PCR
03-31-2009, 11:48 PM
Anyone ever use Corrosion-X (red can) as a rust inhibitor/frame saver? www.corrosionx.com

R2D2
04-01-2009, 05:43 AM
Yes.........
It is great stuff but a little pricey BUT worth it.
I started using in marine engine rooms.
We would cut it 50% with lacquer thinner, put it in a pressure sprayer and spray the engine from top to bottom. Thinner evporates and and a sheen of corrosion-x was left anf NO RUST!

It is primarily used to stop corrosion inside off riveted aluminum planes.

It is also good for electrical connections and circuit boards.
One of the sales demo's used to spray a TV with it and them play the TV in a tank of water.

GREAT STUFF!

rePhil
04-01-2009, 07:57 AM
I USED to have great interest in corrosion and rust as it was part of my job when I worked in the boating industry.
One year as a middle school science expirement my son exposure tested coatings. Twice a day for an hour each cycle 2" pieces of steel were sprayed with salt water. The rest of the time they were exposed to a hot, sunny, humid Florida air.
From memory, Framesaver was good, WD 40 washed off quick,same with LPS products. No surprise our product worked the best. Corrosion X was not tested.

While I no longer have (or desire) any connection, I still use this stuff.

http://www.westmarine.com/1/1/6197-corrosion-guard-spray-from-mercury-marine.html

MarcusPless
04-01-2009, 08:54 AM
Never used it as a framesaver, but people who care about their ocean going fishing reels (myself included) swear by it.

--Marcus

Volant
04-01-2009, 09:38 AM
Does anyone have a link to the Frame Saver MSDS? I couldn't find one quickly via Google.