PDA

View Full Version : CycleLife USA in DC

Elefantino
03-31-2009, 12:34 PM
Stopped by the store during a recent college-scouting trip. An interesting location along the Potomac, although under an expressway. The store/drinks bar is clean and well done, and I bought a kit. Nice Squadra stuff.

But it's what upstairs that was the head turner/scratcher: A cycling health club.

For $299 a month, if I read it right.

DC folks ... does anyone actually PAY that?

Maybe it is only for people who can afford Rapha?

Smiley
03-31-2009, 02:34 PM
They also do a bike wash too, not in my budget. Too bad we missed u here in DC, what you scouting G Town? If so its not cheap :)

zap
03-31-2009, 04:00 PM
snipped

But it's what upstairs that was the head turner/scratcher: A cycling health club.

For $299 a month, if I read it right.

DC folks ... does anyone actually PAY that?

No.

The joint is about 20-25 minutes(plus parking time) from my house but I have my own torture chamber/weights at home and don't need a coach.

djg
03-31-2009, 04:08 PM
I think that the literal answer is "yes," some folks pay that, but I've heard that they haven't landed the sort of membership numbers they had in mind and may be closing the club part in favor of the shop, etc. -- that's secondhand at best, so it may be wrong, but that's what I'd heard recently from a team mate.

wgp
03-31-2009, 05:29 PM
Lots of discussion of this joint by us local DC folks across the hall - here's the link:

http://www.velocipedesalon.com/forum/showthread.php?t=3490

It's a nice-looking facility - bad timing to open a place like this, even in DC which has been a bit less hit by the downturn than many places.

Elefantino
03-31-2009, 09:01 PM
Too bad we missed u here in DC, what you scouting G Town? If so its not cheap :)
No. Scouting GW, which is even more not-so-cheap than G Town, believe it or not.

Anyway, I thought it was a cool concept in a so-so location in a bad economic time.

But a nice kit nonetheless. And 35 percent off! :banana:

Smiley
03-31-2009, 09:28 PM
No. Scouting GW, which is even more not-so-cheap than G Town, believe it or not.

Anyway, I thought it was a cool concept in a so-so location in a bad economic time.

But a nice kit nonetheless. And 35 percent off! :banana:

U should check out my place of diploma, The Catholic University of America in NE Washington, hey Ed McMahon went there along with Jon Voight :)

indeed GW is tops in $$$$