PDA

View Full Version : Santa is finalizing his list

Santa Claus
12-17-2004, 06:41 AM
The big day is coming and I am finalizing my lists. Needless to say, I do not like little boys and girls who do not keep their promises. Such little boys and girls do not get visited by Santa on Christmas day. Unfortunately, we have several boys and girls on this forum who promised to make contributions to Sierra Nevada and have failed to do so. I am putting together a list of these people and will be giving it to the Telemarketers Association.

Come on guys, you know who you are, after all I have listed your names below, live up to your word.

Elefantino
MartyE
RABikes2
rnhood
Lost Weekend
Keith A
Jerk (you told me about the lists and you did not live up to your promise, you must be a jerk)
Johny
Climb
russ
hybridbellbaske
William
Malcom
MA Martin
SGP
VA Rider
Dekonick
DLA

Merry Christmas,

Santa

Satan
12-17-2004, 06:49 AM
Santa,

I am glad to see that you are working on your list. I thought that I was the only one working during the holiday season. I am down hear in He!! working on my list as well. It seems that while you don't like little boys and girls who do not keep their word, I think that they are the greatest. So I am extending an invitation to the following people to join me in He!!. By the way, we have nothing but Wall-Mart bikes.

Invite List

Elefantino
MartyE
RABikes2
rnhood
Lost Weekend
Keith A
Jerk
Johny
Climb
russ
hybridbellbaske
William
Malcom
MA Martin
SGP
VA Rider
Dekonick
DLA

Satan

RABikes2
12-17-2004, 06:54 AM
Excuse me...but I DID (I repeat, I DID) send a check. :confused:

Take me off your bad list Santa...or I won't sit on your lap when I come to the mall this year. :no: :no:

RA

BumbleBeeDave
12-17-2004, 06:56 AM
No Huffy’s, Mr. Satan? :confused: :confused:

BBDave

Satan
12-17-2004, 07:01 AM
No Huffy’s, Mr. Satan? :confused: :confused:

BBDave

Not only are there no Huffys, there are no Yellow and Black bikes at all.

Satan

RABikes2
12-17-2004, 07:13 AM
but it is Dec. 17th and donations are being accepted until Dec. 31st. That is TWO more weeks. I can only speak for myself, not for others listed on the bad list, but I had to wait until personal bills were covered. It's time for patience, not badgering :no: ...there are still two more weeks. Patience Santa...believe that it will be there and it will be. ;)

Santa Claus
12-17-2004, 07:22 AM
but it is Dec. 17th and donations are being accepted until Dec. 31st. That is TWO more weeks. I can only speak for myself, not for others listed on the bad list, but I had to wait until personal bills were covered. It's time for patience, not badgering :no: ...there are still two more weeks. Patience Santa...believe that it will be there and it will be. ;)

RA,

I understand that it is only December 17th. However, I have an awful lot to do between now and the 25th. I have to keep all the elves working on the toys, I have to tune up the sleigh, keep the reindeer healthy, load up all the gifts, travel 25,000 miles, deliver gifts to approximately 6 billion people. So I won't be able to badger many people to keep their promises between now and the 25th. As far as badgering after the 25th, after all of the pre-Christmas work me and the Mrs. take a little R and R in the islands.

:beer:

Santa

SGP
12-17-2004, 07:25 AM
A NEW CRIME FIGHTING DUO ON THE WB. :D

me thinks that you have the lists reversed. :confused:

Lanny R. Levenson
12-17-2004, 07:48 AM
For those on the Not List, what color socks?

Lanny

Lost Weekend
12-17-2004, 08:42 AM
I think you need new glasses santa! Take a look at the good list again.

Jollymon
12-17-2004, 08:47 AM
Is that really you, Santa?

I knew my parents were lying...

BumbleBeeDave
12-17-2004, 08:51 AM
<< . . . there are no Yellow and Black bikes at all.>>

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! :crap: :crap: :crap: :crap: :crap:

You really ARE the ULTIMATE*MASTER*OF*EVIL!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :mad: :eek: :mad:

BBDave

William
12-17-2004, 09:20 AM
Well Santa & Satan,

I have already informed the list how I will be handleing this and I'm working on my donation. Though I'm wondering about possible changes if it's true that the SN team may switch to L-Speed. I think you ought to be focusing your power & influence to keep the SN team on Serottas.:p

As far as being on the naughty list, heh, been there before many a time. ;)

Coal= a rock that burns.........COOOOOL! :cool:

;) :)

William

Climb01742
12-17-2004, 09:24 AM
this thread is, IMO, hugely disdirected. i've sent my check in...out of a positive desire to support something. the timing of sending it was based mostly on being on f*cking business trip for two weeks. and dealing with settling my mother's estate. and planning my daughter's 8th birthday party. and trying to do my job. forgive me for not dropping every (expletive) thing to write you a check. get off my (expletive) back. trying to guilt me, or anyone, PUBLICLY into "contributing" sucks. if we keep threads like this up, something good is quickly being turned into something considerably less good. :fight:

malcolm
12-17-2004, 10:19 AM
My check has long been sent. I'm MRN the moron that forgot to put his forum name on the check even though it is my first name. So please satan, I mean santa take me off whatever list. Malcolm R. Nelson, besides I just put the first 50 miles on a new to me just built up HORS CATEGORIE so christmas is already here.

BumbleBeeDave
12-17-2004, 11:23 AM
. . . and his friend Satan are reaching the point of diminishing returns on "reminding" people. Perhaps cool it a bit? . . :no:

BBDave

SGP
12-17-2004, 12:24 PM
:fight:

Climb01742
12-17-2004, 01:06 PM
no one on this forum owes anyone an explanation of why they did or did not contribute. it ain't nobody's business. such is the nature of a voluntary contribution. making even one person, especially such a nice person like RA2, explain herself is totally beyond the pale. this entire thread is 180 degrees from the true holiday or charitable spirit.

William
12-17-2004, 11:06 PM
I do not like little boys and girls who do not keep their promises...... Unfortunately, we have several boys and girls on this forum who promised to make contributions to Sierra Nevada and have failed to do so. I am putting together a list of these people.......after all I have listed your names below, live up to your word.

Public humiliation.

.....So I am extending an invitation to the following people to join me in He!!.

We go to hell if we don't.

I have to admit that after spending part of my day working on design possibilities, this thread kept popping up in my brain and leaving a sour taste in my mouth. I think that everyone who said that they would contribute did so in a genuine interest to help a cause that they feel good about. I'm sure many folks have different reasons for why they may not have sent in their contribution yet. For some folks it's a tough time of year to cover all the bases getting gifts for others and covering their own bills. A contribution to SN, though entirely genuine, is low on the totem pole of life. Not every one is in a position to give as generously as a few of you have indicated you would. Be that as it may, with almost two weeks left to the dead line, I don't think that anyone here wants or deserves some litigious smart a$$ santa wannabe trying to shame and humiliate people into contributing to a voluntary cause regardless if they said they wanted to. If they can, they will. If they can't, they won't. It's that simple.

There are a group of regulars here who hang out in this forum community. People who share knowledge and talk about something we are all passionate about. People who have freely given me things, and I in return have given freely to others. This forum isn't like the majority of troll fests that dot the rest of the internet. Folks like to come here and hang out for the sense community in all things cycling. But within any community, shaming and ridiculing people, especially for voluntary giving, won't get you very far. It's counter-productive in the long run and I feel it's a turn that this forum shouldn't be taking.

It may have been done tongue and cheek, but I still think it's in poor taste.

Maybe I'm over-reacting and maybe I'm not. I'm still going to contribute in the manner that I agreed to with Serotta James & Serotta Chris, but I have to admit that it's lost a little bit of it's luster.

William

oracle
12-17-2004, 11:12 PM
that was rather well said, william.

oracle

Satan
12-18-2004, 05:04 AM
I have killed Santa and his reindeer. I never liked him anyway. He was always a goody two shoes trying to make the world a better place and looking to bring out the best in people. By the way, as I was beating him to death with an F1 fork, he did tell me that he was sorry for publishing his naughty list.

Satan

Climb01742
12-18-2004, 06:24 AM
william, i resorted to anger to express my feelings. you chose logic and eloquence. you said it well and far better. i tip my linguistic hat to you. peace to all.