PDA

View Full Version : Riding with a bad cold?

johnnymossville
03-30-2009, 09:56 PM
Yes or No? Just wondering.

chuckroast
03-30-2009, 10:11 PM
I have, more than once. I usually felt better out on the road, something about the exercise and heavy breathing seemed to open up the nose. No ill effects that I noticed.

93legendti
03-30-2009, 10:20 PM
If it is BAD, I don't have the energy to get out of my way and stay home. If not so bad, I will ride, but I will watch the intensity.

false_Aest
03-30-2009, 10:20 PM
In one of those training books someone or other says that you can ride with a cold but if you're rocking a fever stay off the bike.

saab2000
03-30-2009, 11:06 PM
If it is BAD, I don't have the energy to get out of my way and stay home. If not so bad, I will ride, but I will watch the intensity.

Nr. 3.

When I am sick with a bad cold I can hardly move, let alone think about riding. Just leave me in my cave and everyone will be alright.

dogdriver
03-30-2009, 11:30 PM
My medical guru recommends the "neck test" to decide whether or not to exercise when sick: If the symptoms are above the neck (ears, nose, sinus, throat), go do something if you feel up to it but keep the intensity low. If below (chest congestion, stomach, etc), pull up a couch and watch Sportcenter until you fall asleep.

Not a medical professional, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night, Chris

johnnymossville
03-31-2009, 08:14 AM
Definitely below neck, I'm gonna take a few days off the bike. Thanks guys.