PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Hellweek "roadblock!"

trophyoftexas
03-30-2009, 01:50 PM
I've passed many of these guys during previous Hellweek's but this is the FIRST time I had to ride among them!

http://trophyoftexas.com/about/HellweekPhoto.htm

BumbleBeeDave
03-30-2009, 02:00 PM
Just yell at them to MOOOOOOve out of your way! :p

BBD

rockdude
03-30-2009, 02:02 PM
Watch out for those Long Horns they can be aggressive. I had one charge my van once while I was just driving by. Man it looks dry there for March.

paczki
03-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Cool. No photos but I had to weave through a bunch of horses in the middle of the road the week before. Next year, goats!

trophyoftexas
03-30-2009, 05:06 PM
Cool. No photos but I had to weave through a bunch of horses in the middle of the road the week before. Next year, goats!

NOTICEABLE lack of small livestock this trip....drought has caused many local ranchers to curtail adding to their herds. Normally you'da seen goats and lambs all over the place! NONE of the ranches we rode around had their normal spring roundups in progress....even the deer spottings were WAY down.

RIDER spottings, however, were UP! Probably the most cyclists I've seen in and around FBG in all of the years I've been down there....listed turn out for Hellweek was about 325 but I'd say 800 was probably closer to the actual number of riders in Gillespie County that week....GREAT to see that many people out on bikes!