PDA

View Full Version : Sierra Nevada - Ofoto cycling teams to merge

Roy E. Munson
12-16-2004, 04:33 PM
With the rumour of the Sierra Nevada and Ofoto cycling teams merging, will they be on Serotta's or Litespeed's next year?

If they indeed chose Litespeed, how about sending all that money you raised to me? :fight:

e-RICHIE
12-16-2004, 05:03 PM
oh and i'm looking forward to that that roster!

Rich_W
12-16-2004, 05:07 PM
lets just hope its not Litecheese...

zap
12-16-2004, 05:12 PM
sooooooo, what happens to the forum's contribution to the team

gasman
12-16-2004, 05:40 PM
Why would you care ???

zap
12-16-2004, 05:57 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zap

Why would you care ???

Why so rude?? :confused:

Maybe I do care.

Bill Bove
12-16-2004, 06:24 PM
So what does happen if the two teams do merge and ride that other bike? I say we give the money to the Davis Phinney fund. If they continue on riding "our" bike, well then they can have our money. That's my opinion.

Climb01742
12-16-2004, 06:31 PM
i may be alone in this, but...supporting serotta racing and supporting a charity are rather different things. both are commendable...but different. there's no other racing team i'd contribute to...but there are other charities. i certainly don't mean to demean the davis phinney foundation AT ALL...i'm just saying it isn't the same as supporting a racing team.

Kevin
12-16-2004, 06:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zap

Why would you care ???

Why so rude?? :confused:

Maybe I do care.

Zap,

I would never speak for Gasman. I am sure he can speak for himslef. However, since you chose not to contribute, why are you concerned about what is going to happen to the forum's pledge?

Kevin

e-RICHIE
12-16-2004, 06:44 PM
Climb-issimo wrote (snipped):
"there's no other racing team i'd contribute to..."

c'mon!
i have the proposal already to mail you!!
:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

slowgoing
12-16-2004, 07:10 PM
I think maybe some of it should go towards getting our babysitter Allyson a bike. And maybe some instruction on proper braking technique (without the feet).

Bill Bove
12-16-2004, 07:26 PM
So e-richissimo, if we were to sponsor the CYRS team would be be moved up on the list? :confused: And could I get mine in aluminum? :D With a sloping top tube? :rolleyes:

Tom Byrnes
12-16-2004, 08:02 PM
My Vote would be: 50% to David Phinney and 50% to e-RICHIE's Team

slowgoing
12-16-2004, 08:10 PM
Would E-RICHIE's team put a dancing banana on their bikes (or at least one of them)? Although that does seem a bit tacky for a RS.

Climb01742
12-16-2004, 08:17 PM
Climb-issimo wrote (snipped):
"there's no other racing team i'd contribute to..."
c'mon!
i have the proposal already to mail you!!
:)

e-richie--mail away, dude! sorry, i forgot you...maybe 'cause i don't have a steel reminder!!! :rolleyes:

Sandy
12-16-2004, 09:52 PM
Maybe we should wait to hear what is actually happening first. I am sure that we will be told by Serotta what the facts are.

I will reserve my opinion of what could or should be done with the money until we know the facts.

Patient Sandy

gasman
12-16-2004, 10:55 PM
I did not mean to sound rude, since you had not contributed I only wondered why you would care.

vaxn8r
12-16-2004, 11:56 PM
Maybe the checks in the mail....

Smiley
12-17-2004, 05:59 AM
I think Sandy and Kevin hold the FATE of our contributions in their hands as they have agree'd to bring the total to $ 2500 . I for one would rather have my cash go to Davis Phinney and if Kevin and Sandy prefer just bring the Total to just shy of $ 2500 so thats exactly what happens . We all got into this deal knowing that under $ 2500 it goes to Davis , If it were not for Sandy and Kevin that's where the pathetic $ 1510 would be going right now . So I'll leave my fate up to Sandy and Kevin and I would not fault them for keeping the pledge under $ 2500 .

Climb01742
12-17-2004, 08:37 AM
smiley, without knowing who's contributed what, i might be careful about saying who has the fate of the funds in their hands. my check is in the mail and i feel pretty sure once alyson gets it, we'll be a lot closer to $2500. but be that as it may...my 2 cents is, each person who contributed has the fate of their contribution in THEIR hands. the goal was to support serotta racing, a worthy cause IMO... :beer:

William
12-17-2004, 09:12 AM
Well,
If there are going to be changes like the team switching to L-Speed, I'd certainly like to know. My design that I'm working on would certainly change if that's the case. I'd hate to finish it and then find out Serotta is no longer involved.

William

lnomalley
12-17-2004, 09:54 AM
its not really my place to say anything but yes they will be on serottas. they have either been measured or are being measured as we speak.. and it is not correct to look at this as a team merger with ofoto.

so again, sierra neveda will be on custom serottas (three bikes each).

be nice to each other y'all.

e-RICHIE
12-17-2004, 10:01 AM
roster?

flydhest
12-17-2004, 10:39 AM
rooster?

Climb01742
12-17-2004, 11:00 AM
knowing e-richie, he may have meant "roster". :p

e-RICHIE
12-17-2004, 11:05 AM
flyfdhest thinks he's vanna white.

yeah. i meant "roster"...

flydhest
12-17-2004, 11:08 AM
Not only did he mean "roster" he actually wrote it as well. I was just having fun. Anyone a David Sedaris fan?

Serotta_Dan
12-17-2004, 11:11 AM
I'm glad to see continued interest in the team. Not to worry- The team (whose name has not been released yet) will be riding Serotta bicycles. Brand new 05 Ottrott STs!

When we have more info that can be released we will post it on the web site.
Thanks
Dan
:beer:

Serotta_James
12-17-2004, 11:13 AM
If the bikes sponsor we are not, informed we would have been.

Begun building the team bikes, we have.

flydhest
12-17-2004, 11:23 AM
anastrophic constructions use you. Hopefully, a rear seat stay to the headtube will not attached be.

Louis
12-17-2004, 01:24 PM
A new word did I learn, today. Thanks, Flydhest

Louis

anastrophic constructions use you. Hopefully, a rear seat stay to the headtube will not attached be.

Sandy
12-17-2004, 05:36 PM
It might not even be a word at all. I think that Flydhest makes them up as he goes along.

If I see a thread in which he and dbrk are posting, I simply shut off my computer and go back to my coloring book, since I have no clue as to what they are saying.

The Dunce,

Sandy

Kevin
12-17-2004, 09:01 PM
Sandy,

I think that is why we are known as dumb and dumber.

Kevin

Kevin
12-17-2004, 09:24 PM
I think Sandy and Kevin hold the FATE of our contributions in their hands as they have agree'd to bring the total to $ 2500 . I for one would rather have my cash go to Davis Phinney and if Kevin and Sandy prefer just bring the Total to just shy of $ 2500 so thats exactly what happens . We all got into this deal knowing that under $ 2500 it goes to Davis , If it were not for Sandy and Kevin that's where the pathetic $ 1510 would be going right now . So I'll leave my fate up to Sandy and Kevin and I would not fault them for keeping the pledge under $ 2500 .

smiley, without knowing who's contributed what, i might be careful about saying who has the fate of the funds in their hands. my check is in the mail and i feel pretty sure once alyson gets it, we'll be a lot closer to $2500. but be that as it may...my 2 cents is, each person who contributed has the fate of their contribution in THEIR hands. the goal was to support serotta racing, a worthy cause IMO... :beer:

I agree that everyone controls the fate of their own funds. Sandy and I promised to make up whatever shortfall may develop. While I can not speak for Sandy, I remain willing and able to make up any shortfall. So if anyone wants to control the fate of their funds by withdrawing their contribution, they should feel free to do so. For those of you who want your contribution to remain, I promise you that I will make a second contribution to eliminate any shortfall.

Kevin

Kevin
12-17-2004, 09:36 PM
here's my issue...i'm very happy to support serotta's race efforts...but less commited to the davis phinney cause...there are simply other charities i feel a stronger tie to that i would rather support...so until we get closer to the $2500 threshold, i'm torn about contributing...so here's my offer...if we hit $2000, i'll kick in the final $500...but if we don't, i'd rather give that $500 to the seeing eye dog foundation, a cause that's closer to my heart. i hope folks understand...that's just how i feel. :beer:

Climb,

Being a dog lover, and having a Mother who is blind in one eye as a result of MS, give me the address for the seeing eye dog foundation and I will make the $500 contribution.

Sooner or later I will buy myself a stairway to heaven.

Kevin

Sandy
12-17-2004, 09:42 PM
I promise to somehow become one of Kevin's favorite charities.

Slick $$$$$ Sandy

Kevin
12-17-2004, 09:43 PM
I promise to somehow become one of Kevin's favorite charities.

Slick $$$$$ Sandy

Sandy,

You are already one of my favorite charities.

I could not let that one go.

Kevin

Sandy
12-17-2004, 09:52 PM
I have a hole in my head. Would you please send me the $4,000 needed to fill it in with titanium/carbon fiber?

Airhead Sandy

Kevin
12-17-2004, 09:53 PM
I thought I was the one with a hole in my head.

Kevin

Climb01742
12-18-2004, 06:36 AM
kevin,

thank you for your very kind offer. but i'm in the fortunate position to be able to support both SN racing and the charities near to my heart. somehow the very good intentions of sharing our good fortune has gotten a bit complicated and slightly tainted. such is life, i guess. but supporting the racing team, and the racers to follow their dreams/careers, is a cool thing. i bet as we near the 31st, we'll hit $2500 and all the side stories will be forgotten, and we can simply smile at the thought of a dancing banana on a bike. peace to all.

climb.