PDA

View Full Version : OT: WARNING, If you own a "Dangerous Breed"

William
03-24-2009, 11:46 AM
If you are an owner of a dog that belongs to a 'dangerous breed' category and you also have a small child, please take this as a warning.

Don't leave your dog with the child unattended under any circumstances.

Only a little moment was enough for the following to happen..

See the photo:

. ;)

goonster
03-24-2009, 11:54 AM
Hilarious!

gdw
03-24-2009, 11:56 AM
Is that the new Pegerotti pit bull?

BumbleBeeDave
03-24-2009, 12:09 PM
I told you not to let the neighborhood kids near King!

BBD

Kevan
03-24-2009, 12:22 PM
but just wait until the other dogs in the neighborhood get finished ridiculing him. That dog will be forever changed.

jbl
03-24-2009, 01:15 PM
That made me smile. Thanks!

Sandy
03-24-2009, 01:32 PM
but just wait until the other dogs in the neighborhood get finished ridiculing him. That dog will be forever changed.

Heck, I met you and I am forever changed. :)

Sandy

gman
03-24-2009, 01:33 PM
There are other, more terrible things that can happen...

mister
03-24-2009, 01:34 PM
Is that the new Pegerotti pit bull?

bull terrier.

Kirk Pacenti
03-24-2009, 01:40 PM
but we can appreciate the humor!

http://www.stuffonmycat.com/

Louis
03-24-2009, 01:41 PM
There are other, more terrible things that can happen...

And they wonder why those poor dogs suddenly snap and take out a little kid.

The poor things can only take so much abuse ;)

Sandy
03-24-2009, 01:42 PM
I saw the photo before. What a laid back dog. It must have taken quite a while to do that.

In actuality, the dog is not a pit bull. Almost certainly, it is a Bull Terrier which is not considered a pit bull. If you look at its head, it is quite long and egg shaped. Its ears are also long and triangular shaped, not like a pit bull. A Bull Terrier is the dog seen at the Target stores. Remember Spuds McKenzie from the Bud beer commercials?- He was a bull terrier.

Bull Terriers are really neat dogs. They are normally quite friendly and almost comical in their ways. They are very strong and stubborn sometimes, but those who own them find them a genuine joy. I always liked them a great deal.

:) Spuds Sandy :)

Sandy
03-24-2009, 01:46 PM
I told you not to let the neighborhood kids near King!

BBD

Actually, I won't let any kids near King. He does not like kids at all, and communicates it quite quickly. It must be because of his background before he was seized from his original owner or during his very long stay at two shelters- 8 months. Think it had to do with his earlier days.

Sandy

Dekonick
03-24-2009, 01:52 PM
No matter what, children should be supervised with pets.

Funny tho!

My toddler tries to ride truckie all of the time... truckie just looks to us with these hopeless eyes 'help!'

Sometimes I think truckie is a better parent than most people... in fact I know he is.

Dangerous pit bull - only if he doesn't know you and you threaten the kids...

:beer:

Sandy
03-24-2009, 02:03 PM
No matter what, children should be supervised with pets.

Funny tho!

My toddler tries to ride truckie all of the time... truckie just looks to us with these hopeless eyes 'help!'

Sometimes I think truckie is a better parent than most people... in fact I know he is.

Dangerous pit bull - only if he doesn't know you and you threaten the kids...

:beer:

Doesn't surprise me about Truckie and your kids. I met Truckie, but never your wife or kids....It has been a long time since I saw you too.....If I get it together before the end of the summer, I am going to get in touch with you to do a ride...

Sandy

gdw
03-24-2009, 02:36 PM
it is a bull terrier. One of my neighbors has one which is so old that she pulls it around in a little red Radio Flyer wagon. It's a really sweet animal but the wagon confuses my dogs.

malcolm
03-24-2009, 02:42 PM
I owned a bullie (bull terrier) and he was a great dog, very comical, probably one of the smartest dogs I've owned, but you couldn't teach him to do a thing, he just wasn't interested.

These dogs are generally very loving as was ours but are incredibly strong for their size and very territorial. My wife was petting another dog in our front yard (standard poodle) and our bull terrier got out of the house and jumped over my wifes back, she was kneeling down and bit the poodle on the ear and wouldn't let go, both of us couldn't get him off. Finally I got a large wooden spoon and pried his mouth off the poodle. He had never shown any aggrressive behavior before and I think he was protecting my wife, but the strength of this dog blew our minds. Not bad mouthing them because he was a great dog just be aware they are very strong and very protective.

Sandy
03-24-2009, 03:45 PM
I owned a bullie (bull terrier) and he was a great dog, very comical, probably one of the smartest dogs I've owned, but you couldn't teach him to do a thing, he just wasn't interested.

These dogs are generally very loving as was ours but are incredibly strong for their size and very territorial. My wife was petting another dog in our front yard (standard poodle) and our bull terrier got out of the house and jumped over my wifes back, she was kneeling down and bit the poodle on the ear and wouldn't let go, both of us couldn't get him off. Finally I got a large wooden spoon and pried his mouth off the poodle. He had never shown any aggrressive behavior before and I think he was protecting my wife, but the strength of this dog blew our minds. Not bad mouthing them because he was a great dog just be aware they are very strong and very protective.

"....she was kneeling down and bit the poodle on the ear and wouldn't let go..." Wow for a moment I thought your wife bit the poodle on the ear. :) Glad you cleared that up. Bull Terriers were bred for dog fighting. The ones that I have met have been exceedingly friendly. I was at a dog walk sponsored by my local Humane Society, in which there were several hundred dogs. There was a really affectionate, clownish, large Bull Terrier, which was extremely friendly to both people and all dogs at the dog walk. He was my favorite dog there (got my dog later). He was quite a character. Ever meet a Miniature Bull Terrier? Neat dogs, just like the Bull Terrier- Bundle of muscle, fun, and stubborn too. Part of the Bull Terrier breed is the extinct White English Terrier (along with a Bulldog). I think that is where the breed probably gets its stubborness from.

I never knew what dog "bullie" referred to. Thanks. Now I know.

Sandy

witcombusa
03-24-2009, 04:11 PM
Actually "Bullie" generally refers to any of the Bull breeds.

I'm a Bulldog guy....they are just GREAT. One of the long standing "stories" is that a young child was once entertaining the family Bulldog which was lying on the floor with them by sticking pins from her mothers sewing kit into the dog....with NO reaction. Just the greatest disposition with some stubbenness thrown in for some fun. Also known for 'character assessment', and if someone is up to no good they bring it quickly to your (and Their!) attention.

William
03-24-2009, 04:37 PM
"Dad, I'm warning you...stop messing around with the computer"

malcolm
03-24-2009, 06:46 PM
Sandy, can you believe english is my first language.

Bruce K
03-24-2009, 06:57 PM
Diefenbaker loves kids.

Especially as a between meal snack! :rolleyes:

But seriously, as much as he seems to love kids, I can't imagine him putting up with the amount of annoyance that paint job must have been.

BK

WadePatton
03-24-2009, 07:11 PM
not my dog i swear:

Dekonick
03-24-2009, 09:21 PM
not my dog i swear:

THAT is funny!!!

WadePatton
03-25-2009, 09:36 AM
Wonder if he answers to "Oscar"? :banana:

Dekonick