PDA

View Full Version : OT: Internet Marketing Ideas?

itsflantastic
03-23-2009, 07:04 PM
Hi folks,
I know i've been absent from the forum for a while, but with spring here I'm going to be a more active forumite again. . . Sadly, I am going to reintroduce myself with an off topic thread!

Basically, I am finding myself in a situation where I need to collect more votes online in a 1 month period than a really famous guy. I don't want to use the forum to advertise so I won't mention what contest it is, but it's really important.

Steps so far...
I've taken out an ad on google and facebook with a link to voting.
I've put together a tremendous facebook group.
Sent press releases to my old college, and throughout the state of Maine.

The bottom line is I don't have a product out, and the other guy has the market on lock. . .

Any ideas on how to stay competitive?
It's one of those competitions where you can vote once per day for a month.

Cheers,
Dan

gdw
03-24-2009, 12:11 PM
No offense but you've given us nothing to work with. Could you provide a little more information?

Kevan
03-24-2009, 12:17 PM
Whatcha doing with all those lobsters up there?

Ken Robb
03-24-2009, 12:36 PM
Whatcha doing with all those lobsters up there?

oooh, GOOD IDEA!! :beer:

Lifelover
03-24-2009, 02:53 PM
If there is anything I can do to help with voting, provide a link. If you don't want to post it, send me a PM

maunahaole
03-24-2009, 03:26 PM
Lobster Roe Smoothie Chugging contest.

dannyg1
03-24-2009, 03:39 PM
Maybe a beach dig for pirate gold coins. Bury one or two and post location hints.

Is the product something we'd all want to buy?

itsflantastic
03-24-2009, 03:48 PM
Just being careful, because I have a lot of respect for the forum and don't want to break the rules.
Basically, it's a music contest.
I make children's music, and just won Session II of the John Lennon Songwriting Contest. The problem is- the next round is a popular vote between me and a fellow who has a big fan base, and my debut cd isn't even out yet.

So I've been exhausted for days reaching out to people.
You can check out the music at www.flannerybrothers.com, and vote at www.jlsc.com/vote

so now that you know what it is, any ideas? :)

Also, anyone have a spare set of 9/10 speed campy wheels lying around?