PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Image/Customer Servie

ridemoreoften
03-22-2009, 08:42 PM
I find it interesting that a post intended to solicit comment and potentially usefull feedback is "closed". This equine has expired???? I do intend to allow this to be posted for comment.

csm
03-22-2009, 08:43 PM
what are you hoping to accomplish? I think their customer service is first and foremost their dealers.
curious as to what line of work you are in?

scottcw2
03-22-2009, 08:50 PM
Troll.

ridemoreoften
03-22-2009, 08:50 PM
From what I've heard your opinion is not universal. Think the issue is worth hearing about from other Serotta owners.

csm
03-22-2009, 08:54 PM
which opinion? that you're a troll or that their customer service starts at the dealer?

05Fierte TI
03-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Again???????

ridefixed
03-22-2009, 08:55 PM
I find it interesting that a post intended to solicit comment and potentially usefull feedback is "closed". This equine has expired???? I do intend to allow this to be posted for comment.

Don't let the door smack you on the way out.

caleb
03-22-2009, 08:56 PM
Serotta has great customer service according to all reports.

Repaints aren't "customer service" - they're an aftermarket job they'd (presumably) rather not do, so they put a huge price tag on them. Frankly, most bikes aren't worth repainting to original spec.

I have no idea why we're talking about this again...

Sandy
03-22-2009, 08:58 PM
Your issue was discussed rather extensively before, as I recall. I think the cost appears quite high too, but so what? It is Serotta's price. So you either pay it or go elsewhere. The painting cost is the core of your emotional turmoil.

I have learned in my life that there are many instances in which it simply is not worth the stress, the energy, or the time to continue in a situation. Very often it is not easy to let it go as the person has both an emotional commitment and what they perceive as a "I am right" commitment to the issue. But in the overall scope of what is/should be important in one's life the aforementioned instances are almost meaningless.

My suggestion is to just let it go. It isn't worth your time/energy/stress. Besides, a moderator already closed the previous thread.

Sandy

rugbysecondrow
03-22-2009, 09:00 PM

I think you just wanted to whine a little bit more.

csm
03-22-2009, 09:01 PM
in other words.... Elvis has left the building.

Louis
03-22-2009, 09:12 PM
You asked for comments, here's mine:

Thanks for informing us of this situation. You've explained it before, and I think we understand how you feel about things. Now can we move on?

Lifelover
03-22-2009, 09:14 PM
It does seem a little wrong!

ATMO, it should have been deleted and you banned.

Dekonick
03-22-2009, 09:17 PM
Dude - let it go!

Send your bike to cycle art, send it to MAACO - send it to the corner and a rattle can! Don't like the price? Deal with Serotta, not the forum!

It might be expensive, but you DON'T have to have it painted there either!

:crap:

gdw
03-22-2009, 09:22 PM
$300 and the pinstripings free. For $500 my neighbor's kids will creat an original faux Pegerotti design. :banana:

ridemoreoften
03-22-2009, 09:25 PM
Tried but not obvious. Evidently a bonus for all including myself. Anyone at Serotta reads this please pull the trigger and delete my registration.
Thanks in advance.

Louis
03-22-2009, 09:26 PM
$300 and the pinstripings free. For $500 my neighbor's kids will creat an original faux Pegerotti design. :banana:

I can beat that.

Since I'm new to the business and not yet quite as good as JB, how about $200, with a free Jackson Pollock motif thrown in at no extra charge? :)

regularguy412
03-22-2009, 09:31 PM
I can beat that.

Since I'm new to the business and not yet quite as good as JB, how about $200, with a free Jackson Pollock motif thrown in at no extra charge? :)

That's funny! :D

Mike in AR :beer:

ridemoreoften
03-22-2009, 09:37 PM
Anyone one know how to delete membership from the forum? Not obvious using the toolbar. If so, ps let me know. Best for all. Txs much.

gdw
03-22-2009, 09:42 PM
Louis just sprays RustOleum over the original paint. $300 and I'll throw in a free alignment, a new set of Ginsu knives, and a slightly used Flowbee.

Lifelover
03-22-2009, 09:45 PM
Anyone one know how to delete membership from the forum? Not obvious using the toolbar. If so, ps let me know. Best for all. Txs much.

Just stop logging on. No need to delete.

If you can't help yourself than change you password to a long, random string. Than destroy it after you type it in twice.

Louis
03-22-2009, 09:52 PM
Louis just sprays RustOleum over the original paint. $300 and I'll throw in a free alignment, a new set of Ginsu knives, and a slightly used Flowbee.

Now THAT is libel. You'll be hearing from my lawyers (Dewey, Cheathum, and Howe) and I'll be seeing you in court. Such defamation will not stand. :butt:

By the way, gdw dips his frames in leftover radiator dunk tank cleaning fluid to prep. To top it off his under-age and over-worked neighbor kids use finger paints. (That is, those whose fingers he has not yet worked to the bone.) Trust me, you don't want to go there.

scottcw2
03-22-2009, 10:07 PM

That's a shame...

Bruce K
03-23-2009, 03:46 AM
The first one was closed because of the way you started it and the nature of the axe you seem to want to grind.

Not sure why you couldn't see/get that.

Happy to comply with your request.

BK

Pete Serotta
03-23-2009, 09:19 AM
Ridemoreoften......See my other posts.......

If we are missing something on this posts. (except that your budget does not support the paint job, from the painter you want,)please contact me.....THANKS Pete