PDA

View Full Version : Serotta Image/Customer Service

ridemoreoften
03-22-2009, 08:02 PM
I have already ranted and raved about a $1650 quote to repaint my CIII - white and platinum 1/2 white $ (oops) and 1/2 platinum with a black pin strip on down tube separating the two colors. Apparently and technically on paper a 3 color paint scheme but IMHO alittle riduculous to charge so much more for a pinstrip. I'm was wondering if during these trying economic times if other folks impression of purchasing a Serotta has been influenced by price, quality, customer service, general dealings and if they would still be willing to consider a purchase. Not a formal survey, but overall results I've found are quality A++++++, pricing high but honestly in my opinion worth it for a quality ride, customer service/ attitude/image not so good. I'm still ticked off over the quote and there is likely some blame to go around but the extra big bucks for a pinstrip I still think is wrong and the attitude if you don't like it get it painted someplace else (thanks really needed that guidance). Regarding service/attitude, I have not heard good things from several folks, some comments border on snobbish, elitist, etc. I'm curious if anyone else has any comments and if Ben Serotta himself would like to comment. I for one who has supported the brand until this recent incidence would greatly appreciate hearing his position. Others? Comments?

ridefixed
03-22-2009, 08:22 PM
I have already ranted and raved about a $1650 quote to repaint my CIII - white and platinum 1/2 white $ (oops) and 1/2 platinum with a black pin strip on down tube separating the two colors. Apparently and technically on paper a 3 color paint scheme but IMHO alittle riduculous to charge so much more for a pinstrip... I'm still ticked off over the quote and there is likely some blame to go around but the extra big bucks for a pinstrip I still think is wrong and the attitude if you don't like it get it painted someplace else (thanks really needed that guidance).

Poor form, let it go.

Btw, 3 colors is 3 colors. That pinstrip (sic) is a third color that must be masked, taped off, painted, recleared, resanded, and recleared again.

fierte_poser
03-22-2009, 08:24 PM
I have already ranted and raved

I'm still ticked off over the quote

All I can say is you'll gather more flies with honey than with vinegar.

rugbysecondrow
03-22-2009, 08:25 PM
Yes, you have already ranted and raved about it, so why are you rehashing this again? If you are pissed about something, can you at least be man enough to step up and say it rather than cloak it in some dialog about the economic conditions (blah blah blah) and the gratuitous salute to the Serotta quality?

Contact whomever you need to and try to get it resolved. If not, then let it go and have somebody else paint your quality bike. This is not a hard decision, is it?

Louis
03-22-2009, 08:26 PM
What about the fit? I think that TT is a tad too long ;)

Bruce K
03-22-2009, 08:29 PM
The equine expired on this one a while ago.

As someone already suggested, contact Serotta through your dealer or directly but this isn't the place or the way.

Closing this one now.

BK

Pete Serotta
03-23-2009, 09:13 AM
Let me respond to a few of the items, since you have publicly laid down your view of SEROTTA> Please keep in mind that I am very biased....

Check and see what Cycleart, Joe Bell, Tom Kellogg or other top end paint shops charge....It is all within the same range.

Yes it is expensive but it is also, more complex and time consuming than a single color.

All the above painters have worked hard to establish a reputation (via quality and skills), have expenses to pay, and also they would like to pay themselves and the folks who work for them a "life supportable" salary. I assure you non are getting rich, driving Mercedes, or summering at their beach home :D

We try to provide excellent customer service and after sale support. Sometimes something will fall thru the crack BUT Ben and team bend over backwards to achieve "complete" satisfaction.

Feel free to contact me at Pete@serotta.com and we can discuss. If we are missing something in regard to this post - we want to learn and correct....

THANKS PETE