PDA

View Full Version : Famous just for being famous . . .

BumbleBeeDave
01-13-2004, 08:50 AM
Moved on the AP wire overnight. AP often sends strings of meaningless (to me) photos of "celebrities," many of whom are famous mainly for "being famous" attending movie premiers. This is a sure sign that he is a bona fide "celebrity" . . .

<<Cyclist Lance Armstrong, left, and musician Sheryl Crow arrive together at the premiere of the film "Along Came Polly" at Grauman's Chinese Theater in the Hollywood section of Los Angeles, Monday, Jan. 12, 2004. (AP Photo/Chris Pizzello) >>

Tom
01-13-2004, 09:39 AM
Unless he rides like hell to impress his new girlfriend, he's toast. Somewhere, Tyler's riding 26 hours a day up the mountain passes with a refrigerator tied to his seatpost. In the dark, in the rain, along roads lined with people hired to beat him with sticks as he passes.

And another thing. "Along Came Polly"!? Now that I think about it, maybe Armstrong is in training - to suffer. An hour of that kind of torture and I run screaming and gibbering into the woods. He must be made of sterner stuff.

bulliedawg
01-13-2004, 09:55 AM
Sheryl Crow is H-O-T. And she's a lot like Lance. She's good looking; confident almost to the point of being cocky; demanding of those around her; and so talented that it appears that the finger of God is pointing at her.

They are a match made in heaven.

Quote of the day from Tom: "Unless he rides like hell to impress his new girlfriend, he's toast."

Lance will surely ride like hell to impress Miss Crow. Let's just hope that the riding takes place on his bike.

Johny
01-13-2004, 10:00 AM
Originally posted by bulliedawg
Sheryl Crow is H-O-T. And she's a lot like Lance. She's good looking; confident almost to the point of being cocky; demanding of those around her; and so talented that it appears that the finger of God is pointing at her.

They are a match made in heaven.

Quote of the day from Tom: "Unless he rides like hell to impress his new girlfriend, he's toast."

Lance will surely ride like hell to impress Miss Crow. Let's just hope that the riding takes place on his bike.

Amen!

flydhest
01-13-2004, 10:05 AM
Of course, if this romance ends up being his downfall and he is humbled, will there be some comments about his "eating crow"?

For the record, I agree, she's babe-a-licious.

I really think she's a talented musician as well.

dbrk
01-13-2004, 10:05 AM
Word has it that the Postals are in California (near Santa Barbara) riding hard and aiming not to be left behind. Lance has certainly achieved "celebrity" which is nothing to wish on anyone (unless they are a venal enemy). I wish him all the best. Divorce is a nightmare and having to do it in public in any way only makes the worst thing you can think of worse.

dbrk

gt6267a
01-13-2004, 10:07 AM
i hear ya about tyler and the refridgerator. i really wonder about jan. i hear he skipped the first t-mobile training camp. some bs about the flu.

bulliedawg
01-13-2004, 10:18 AM
One more thing about Lance and Sheryl compatibility: She's a heck of an athlete. Ran track in high school -- middle distance-- and could have competed in college, if she wanted.

And it looks as if she still keeps herself in good shape.

Climb01742
01-13-2004, 10:22 AM
how well lance trains might, to some degree, depend on the kind of person cheryl crow is. having a supportive partner makes a huge difference. one reason i think tyler has done so well the last few years is that his marriage to haven sounds mutually very supportive. our physical health sure is attached to our emotional health. so let's hope cheryl says, get your butt on that bike, boy!

JohnS
01-13-2004, 10:24 AM
BBDave, when I first saw the title of this thread, I thought it was in reference to yourself. :)

Kevan
01-13-2004, 10:47 AM
we're gonna have to get together again real soon.

Remember how these guys got all gooey about the pictures taken of the two of us? I'm missing the attention. Aren't you?

How about a dinner and a movie? I got this all planned...

Dnovo and dbrk have had adequate camera time, whatsay we make them our paparazzi?

BBD seems to have connections for some stylin' gowns you might consider.

There's the new indie film "In America" now showing. It's the quiet rage right now. I've already seen it and can help you understand the plot.

Whaddayasay?

mavic1010
01-13-2004, 11:21 AM
Don't see what the big deal is about him watching a movie at nite. Seems like the life to me...ride like crazy during the day, get a massage, go watch a movie with Sheryl Crowe at night.

Now unless Tyler is riding through the night with a refrigerator tied on his back...I don't think Lance needs to worry...

Kevan
01-13-2004, 11:23 AM
Yeah...but does that popcorn have butter?

jerk
01-13-2004, 11:36 AM
the jerk heard from postal's domestic mechanic that sheryll crow is actually a pretty talented cyclist and can hold her own and pace line and ride in the low to mid twenties. she has actually been riding with lance and the postal boys on some of their warm up rides. (this is not a joke. the jerk didn't believe it when he heard it but it's from a reliable person.)

Bruce K
01-13-2004, 11:36 AM
Kevan;

If you are into "indie" films I hear the Triplets of Belleville is a REALLY good one, especially if you are into cycling.

The only trouble is finding it.

BK

bulliedawg
01-13-2004, 11:57 AM
It bothers me a little bit that they're already dressing alike.

Len J
01-13-2004, 12:15 PM
What does going to a movie have to do with him training or not?

Len

Kevan
01-13-2004, 12:23 PM
Saw it....

Cute and wacky look at the day in the life of a kidnapped TdF cyclist. Great animation.

Keith A
01-13-2004, 12:43 PM
I really like her "Soak up the Sun" (http://web.archive.org/web/20020802230202/http://boss.streamos.com/real/interscope/sherylcrow/cmoncmon/video/soakupthesun/00_soakupthesun.ram) video. That should count for something :D

JohnS
01-13-2004, 12:54 PM
Everyone seems to want LA to train and live like a monk and then they get upset when his marriage fails. DUH!

djg
01-13-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by flydhest
Of course, if this romance ends up being his downfall and he is humbled, will there be some comments about his "eating crow"?

Yeah, well, you gotta have something for that last meal.

Rich_W
01-13-2004, 01:34 PM
Originally posted by jerk
the jerk heard from postal's domestic mechanic that sheryll crow is actually a pretty talented cyclist and can hold her own and pace line and ride in the low to mid twenties. she has actually been riding with lance and the postal boys on some of their warm up rides. (this is not a joke. the jerk didn't believe it when he heard it but it's from a reliable person.)

I've also heard she rides motocross...

JohnS
01-13-2004, 01:49 PM
I'm sure her cycling and motocross talents were the first things that Lance noticed, too.

Too Tall
01-13-2004, 02:02 PM
Be the ball.

***? I go to the movies with a hot chick. Ride an expensive bike AND have a groovy leather coat. I should at least win one stage of TDF right?

BumbleBeeDave
01-13-2004, 02:30 PM
. . . I never expected THIs kind of response when I posted the photo. :eek:

Rough crowd!

BBDave

Ozz
01-13-2004, 04:27 PM
Yeah, right Dave!

Everyone here pretty much ignores everything "Lance", especially when it comes to his luv life and how it will affect his cycling.

Keep it coming!

Like someone said previously, we can only talk so long about frame fit, tires, saddles, and Campy vs Shimano so many times before it gets dull.

:beer:

Johny
01-13-2004, 04:43 PM
Come on Dave. You dunno Lance is as hot as his girlfriend for us gossipers? :)

Marron
01-13-2004, 05:55 PM
If you haven't found this one yet, be on the lookout. There are some great animated cycling segments. Among the more amusing are some interesting training, diet and doping ideas as well as criminal use of the broom wagon and a cycling powered climactic chase. Unfortunately, no Serottas.

Kevin
01-13-2004, 06:35 PM
Put Ms. Crow on a moped in front of him while he rides the TDF and he will win his 6th. Otherwise, he is in trouble. But what a way to go.

Kevin

csm
01-13-2004, 08:02 PM
she's hot. I think more so than kristen. I know that folks out there will be offended by that but I must say it. plus, I am a little offened by the whole thing. who cares who he dates? at least she rides a bike. that's cool.

btw, just kidding about kristen. that was to make sure you read this.

shinomaster
01-13-2004, 11:47 PM
She rocks my world!! and she Sings Opera, and plays classical piano. What a perfect combination!
She also is a Kung Fu master, a Ninja and an Astronaut. She also Scored 1600 on her SAT test, and went to Harvard Medical school. And she Won the Indi 500, and is a shinomaster as well!!!

When Lacce dumps her I'm next in line.

BumbleBeeDave
01-14-2004, 05:47 AM
. . . ALSO run out of medication AND been inhaling a few too many kiln fumes.

And who is “Lacce?” :confused:

BBDave

bags27
01-14-2004, 08:53 AM
Be interesting to see whether the new Posties's uniform is Levi pants and black leather tops.

ronsmith
01-14-2004, 10:40 AM
Should the caption be "Sheryl Crow accompanied by the cyclist Lance Armstrong" or "Lance Armstrong accompanied by the singer Sheryl Crow?" Who is the famous person in the photograph? In England the name Lance Armstrong would draw a blank expression on all but a small minority of faces.

Good luck to him. He has worked very hard and overcome a medical problem which would have defeated most people. The support he has given other cancer sufferers through his charity work is a remarkable achievement for someone following such a hectic professional career. Through his achievements on the bicycle he has made a lot of money which he should enjoy with or without the attractive (we would describe her as being fit) Sheryl.

I wish him well for the tour but think Ullrich will win.