PDA

View Full Version : What do you do...What CAN you do... HELP!

legacysti888
03-19-2009, 02:15 AM
What do you do when you have made a purchase from the classifieds back in January 28th 2009 and received it with a critical piece (to me) missing?

The seller was communicative until February 24th when he went completely silent thereafter and not returning my PMs. I even posted his classifieds post for a reply but no response either.

In his last PM, he said he had found a replacement piece and was going to ship it to me in a week. That was back in February 24th.

I now have an item I cannot use. He is not reachable other than PM.

This is my very first disappointment with all my interaction and transactions here in this Forum.

I believe I have been more than patient waiting for a reply.

fjaws
03-19-2009, 03:03 AM
What's the piece....maybe someone here has it?

dekindy
03-19-2009, 04:35 AM
If you can look at his/her profile and see that there is a long history of posting and/or selling, I would give it a little more time. Granted, you have been patient. Something serious may be going on in their personal or business life causing them to act out of character. I often find this to be the case. I hope it works out.

legacysti888
03-19-2009, 10:10 AM
What's the piece....maybe someone here has it?

The missing item is a chrome part that belongs to the left Mektronic brake lever.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=55242&highlight=mektronic

I have a long term build project of an all french bike - Vitus, Mavic, etc... and this set was going to be the finishing touch.

Anyone have that parrt?

legacysti888
03-19-2009, 10:11 AM
If you can look at his/her profile and see that there is a long history of posting and/or selling, I would give it a little more time. Granted, you have been patient. Something serious may be going on in their personal or business life causing them to act out of character. I often find this to be the case. I hope it works out.

I just did a search and checked his profile, his posts have mostly been in the classifieds, selling his gear.

WadePatton
03-19-2009, 10:42 AM
I bought a bike and two rims from a forum user. Got the bike, still no rims (botched handoff by seller), it's been a long time. If I ever get down to his end of the state, we'll work it out, but nobody wants to pay the shipping...

good luck

legacysti888
03-19-2009, 11:21 AM
I bought a bike and two rims from a forum user. Got the bike, still no rims (botched handoff by seller), it's been a long time. If I ever get down to his end of the state, we'll work it out, but nobody wants to pay the shipping...

At least you have access or are in comunication wiht the seller.

I told my seller that if he couldn't find the part, I'd just like to return the set and get a refund. He never did acknowledge my request. He kept on saying that he can find the part and have found it.. then.. *poof!*

He disappeared.

Kevan
03-19-2009, 11:33 AM
but there have been reports of SHC (Spontaneous Human Combustion).

Just another perspective.

Wish you luck in resolving the situation.