PDA

View Full Version : Italian "NOS" Frame Sources

TC Johnson
03-18-2009, 01:00 PM
Part of the fun of bicycles for me is to scour all the known sources like eBay, Craigslist, and the various forum classifieds for a diamond in the rough, or an older frame ripe for modernization. For example, I picked up a Colnago Carbitubo with a cracked top head lug for $100, with the plan to repair it and build it up at some point. I will save the repair plans for another thread, but I digress...

Has anyone here on the forum purchased from any of the eBay sellers in Italy? I know some of them like Elizabetta have good reputations (per posters on RBR), but what issues has anyone encountered with others?

There always seems to be something tasty available in a never built up frame, and though the shipping seems steep, there have to be more interesting bargains over there than ever make it to the US. Who wouldn't at least consider the prospect of a cheap NOS Arabesque!

Thoughts?

TC

CNY rider
03-18-2009, 01:09 PM
For example, I picked up a Colnago Carbitubo with a cracked top head lug for $100, with the plan to repair it and build it up at some point. I will save the repair plans for another thread, but I digress...

TC

Now that should be interesting reading.......

dookie
03-18-2009, 03:52 PM
here. (http://www.matuzmaster.hu/en/vintage-frames/)