PDA

View Full Version : Lemond Zurich

crossjunkee
12-13-2004, 01:16 PM
Does anybody have an opinion about the splined steel/carbon Zurich frame? I have an opp. to buy one at a reasonable price. The nice thing about the frame is the geometry. It's almost identical to my Spectrum Super Ti.

I don't know how the frame will handle in a road race. Will it be stiff enough, how does it climb, do you notice the weight? I know it won't make a good crit bike but that's o.k.

Thanks,

crossjunkee

Marcusaurelius
12-14-2004, 02:39 AM
I've owned two steel Zurichs in the past 3 years and I really like them however I am not eager to buy the new carbon fiber/steel combination. I either want an all steel bike or maybe an all carbon fiber bike. I've never been fond of the ride of carbon fiber except for a fork so I'm not eager to buy a bike that has a carbon fiber/steel frame.

dirtdigger88
12-14-2004, 08:47 AM
my only experience is that a guy I know rides one and is vey impressed. this guy races Cat 2- so he has a feel for a good bike versus a not so good bike. Lemonds are great bikes and the carbon is straight off of a Trek- They have "evened" out the geometry a bit from the Zurichs that were all steel. I own a steel Zurich and I have always loved it. My Legend's geometry is based off of my Zurich as well.

Jason

jhurwitz
12-19-2004, 10:42 AM
The combo steel/carbon on the Zurich is a supple ride and lighter than the all steel Zurich (which I rode for 7 years and now have an Otrrott ST). The combo Zurch will ride differently (not as harsh) than an all OCLV frame (I rode the Trek 5200 for a couple months while my Ottrott was being built after I ripped up the new Lemond Tete de Course.