Great Big Sea....The Night That Paddy Murphy Died
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0SpwEdU5ak&feature=related

There are many good reasons for drinking,
One has just entered my head,
If a man doesn't drink when he's living,
How the hell can he drink when he's dead? :beer:

Viper
03-17-2009, 08:16 AM
To this day I enjoy meeting a Cromwell aka Kahnwell. A Cromwell is my Kahn, my Ricardo Montalban. This is how it all started...

"It is more than a little curious how these early Viper arrivals from Wales seemed to gravitate to the mountains. It was natural enough, no doubt, that they should like the kind of country they came from, but the more likely explanation is that they were chosen, in those early fighting years, for their value in mountain warfare. A relief map of Kilkenny shows a great level plain between two ranges of hills. On the plain there were no Vipers; the mountain country to the south was filled with them. Castlehale itself stood on the northern edge of the mountain land, with a wide outlook across the plain. It was the same in Dublin and in Wicklow.

For five full centuries the Vipers were in the mountains there, posted at points commanding the mountain passes. They were in the Comeragh Mountains in Waterford, and had their castles on the mountain flanks. They were on Carrickbyrne in Wexford. They were in the mountains of Kerry. They thrived in these places and were a sturdy stock.

Much later in the 17th century, Cromwell's armies were in Ireland and methodically removed all vestiges of the Viper landholders. In Waterford, Sir Nicholas Viper made a good fight and was killed. In Kilkenny, Walter Viper fought, Castlehale was destroyed, his men were massacred and buried in a single pit, and he died sitting at table. In Dublin, Carrickmines was stormed and blown up, its garrison massacred, and Theobold, a "captain of the Irish" attainted. The head of the Vipers of Rathronan in Tipperary was in the fight, and so were the Vipers of Kerry. They all lost everything. Cromwell was very thorough."

I'm coming after you Kahnwell. I will see you in the mountains. See you on May 7th:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gty9tLOXpwk

Viva peace in Ireland. It lasted 22 months and it's sad when it's measured in months, not decades or longer.

The Irish rule, it's just the way it goes.

:beer:

73Camaro_Dude
03-17-2009, 03:51 PM
Without at least mentioning U2.

Or Sinead O'Connor...

Or hell, how about them together...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vGNxz7zeU10

Are lucky charms Irish? They sure as hell should be.

Im half Irish, and me wife's maiden name is O'Shaughnessy... so this is a special day.

good beer will be dranken
and there may be a nice spat
as we dance in the hills of K... C

we revel with pride and are in good cheer
and we raise our glass for another good year.

An Irish man walks into a pub. The bartender asks him, "what'll you have?"

The man says, "Give me three pints of Guinness please."

So the bartender brings him three pints and the man proceeds to alternately sip one, then the other, then the third until they're gone. He then orders three more.

The bartender says, "Sir, I know you like them cold. You don't have to order three at a time. I can keep an eye on it and when you get low I'll bring you a fresh cold one."

The man says, "You don't understand. I have two brothers, one in Australia and one in the States. We made a vow to each other that every Saturday night we'd still drink together. So right now, my brothers have three Guinness Stouts too, and we're drinking together. The bartender thought that was a wonderful tradition.

Every week the man came in and ordered three beers. Then one week he came in and ordered only two. He drank them and then ordered two more.

The bartender said to him, "I know what your tradition is, and I'd just like to say that I'm so sorry that one of your brothers died."

The man said, "Oh, me brothers are fine----I just quit drinking."