PDA

View Full Version : 40th Birthday Negotiations Complete

Dr. Doofus
12-13-2004, 07:29 AM
Ok, in two years your Doofus will be 40. After completing negotiations over Ethiopian food, Mr. and Mrs. Doofus came to the following, binding, agreement:

1 Della Santa with Chorus kit

(she just wouldn't go for the Sachs....)

Your Doof cannot wait to be 40!! :banana: :banana: :banana: :banana:

Bill Bove
12-13-2004, 07:41 AM
Della Santa with RECORD.

OR

SACHS with Chorus.

Smiley
12-13-2004, 08:04 AM
Maybe the humble Doof did get screwed Bill , it was ethiopian food after all.

Bill Bove
12-13-2004, 08:25 AM
Ethiopan food? Do they have food in Ethiopia?

Oh, I'm going to hell for that :-( but the ghost of Sam Kinnison has taken over my keyboard. Sorry bob Geldoff.

Birddog
12-13-2004, 08:27 AM
You got screwed, renegotiate!
I agree, but then he does call himself Doofus, doesn't he.

Birddog

Andreu
12-13-2004, 08:32 AM
no more of this intolerance of things non-USA please.

I am a big fan of North African food....not sure what Ethiopian food is like but I would imagine if it is anything like Morrocan it is pretty spicey.
A :beer:

Dr. Doofus
12-13-2004, 08:51 AM
The options were Della Santa/Chorus, Colnago/Chorus, Waterford/Chorus...Sachs or Record were not on the menu

And stop the Ethiopian jokes...you can stuff yourself silly on enjera and Doro Wat....

Climb01742
12-13-2004, 09:27 AM
dear dr doof, you have two years to either find a new mrs doof who will spring for sachs...or use your considerable noogin-power to convince the current mrs to reconsider. use the next two years well, my boy. a sachs hangs in the balance.

dirtdigger88
12-13-2004, 09:35 AM
You really don't have two years to work out the Sach- it will take that long to get it in if you order it today. :p I say order it now- then show it too her on your birthday. In the mean time you have two years to suck up. Now you have me thinking though- I only have 5 years until I am 40. . . if I start working now. . . oh- the possibilites ;)

jason

CarbonTi
12-13-2004, 10:29 AM
Roland makes a great bike. Here's a picture of mine during some stage of completion. Thre was no investment casting used on this baby.

Last time I looked, DS doesn't take two years to deliver a frame - so what are you going to get THIS year?

CarbonTi
12-13-2004, 10:39 AM
Picture got killed first time for file size limits. Sorry.

Here 'tis.

Dr. Doofus
12-13-2004, 11:15 AM
Dear Luggly Lusties:

It was enough work to simply get Mrs. Doofus to agree to bike # 3. In the Doofus family plan, A Sachs was out of the question...as was the end-around strategy (trust your Doofus, that one was considered, considered, considered...but would have led your Doofus to lose body parts once the facts were out in the open and the E-RITCHIE check cleared)....

Your Amant d'Acier has always wanted one of Roland's bikes...simply because of the geeky Greg factor and all of those blue "Gitanes" and white "Looks"....

If the jerk got your Dofus a line on a custom MXL, there might, might be a change in plans...but that's an intrigue that will have to wait for eighteen months, perhaps....

Your No-Life, Low-Life, 768 miles since 22 November Servant,

Dr. D. Doofus, Esq.

OldDog
12-13-2004, 11:30 AM
Get the Sachs. Badge it as Schwinn, or DS or Colnago or whatever. Pay
e-richie in Twizzlers.

M_A_Martin
12-13-2004, 12:35 PM
Dr. Doofus.

Speaking as one who has just passed that supposed super milestone of 40 years on this planet. I can tell you that today is a far better day to get the new bike than some gauzy future date that you may or may not get to and if you do get there you may or may not want to even ride a bike by then.

Mrs. Doofus has already agreed on principle to the purchase.
Buy exactly what you want. Buy it now.

:banana:

Ginger

Ethiopian food? I never understood how they can charge $15 for an empty plate. (Sour grapes here...I adore the stuff but they use a lot of gluten-containing food stuffs that make it inedible for me. mmmm Honey wine... )
Bill? Did you find the ladder to the gutter?

P.S. Happy Birthday Dr. Doofus? (Usually the "what I want for my 40th" doesn't come up except in a birthday day discussion...)

gasman
12-13-2004, 10:20 PM
c'mon- he negotiated the best deal he could. Good on you Doofus !! We weren't there and didn't have to speak with she who must be obeyed. I think he's going to get a wonderful bike for his 40th. It's OK to wait for a later birthday to get another ride. I managed to negotiate a new Calfee for my 50th last June but blew it when I pulled the trigger on the 1st of May.She was not pleased but became happier once I got the first 1000 miles on it. I want several other bikes and being on this forum makes me lust after many other bikes. For now I'm happy with what I have, and I do have a lot, well not compared to dbrk or dnovo, but still plenty.
:banana: :banana: The good Dr. will love his ride when it arrives. :banana: :banana: :banana:

M_A_Martin
12-13-2004, 11:54 PM
I managed to negotiate a new Calfee for my 50th last June but blew it when I pulled the trigger on the 1st of May.She was not pleased but became happier once I got the first 1000 miles on it.

See? You survived to tell the tale! Living proof my theory will work. And did you notice? Your use of your wife's gift to you made her happy! Just as happy as she would be if you had waited until the precise day to make the purchase. She merely needed to show the obligatory displeasure at you disobeying her orders, then she could join you in the joy that her gift to you provided. Would you delay Dr. Doofus's wife participation in that happiness?

Besides, not to worry. Dr. Doofus won't listen to me. He is after all, a doofus. (And his wife obviously is not. He is after all, waiting until he's 40 to buy the bike.)

Too Tall
12-14-2004, 07:51 AM
Three cheers for Mrs. Doof. She's a keeper. Keep er'.