PDA

View Full Version : Maiden voyage of a new Corsa 0.1

Jack Brunk
12-11-2004, 05:39 PM
Took out my brand new Eddy Merckx custom Corsa today for the first time. I did 60 miles on it and it was a real pleasure beyond my expectations. The ride was velvet smooth and I can't remember one bump during the whole ride. It's built with new Campy Record/Chorus parts, Zero Gravity brakes along with Reynolds Cirro's wheels and Conti's competition sewups. The bike weighed in at 17lbs with pedals. I just can't get over how nice the ride was. It climbed great. had excellent power transfer and decended like a rocket ship. It fells good to be a Merckx owner.

Jack (80 hot degrees today during the ride)

P.S. Mr. Jerk in case your wondering, the Dugast silks are waiing for my Moots compact SL which will be coming in and built during Christmas week.

CarlosContreros
12-11-2004, 06:33 PM
Hey Jack! :)
Glad to hear you enjoy your new Merckx! :banana:
Can you share some specifics??
What's the "color scheme"?
Did you drasticlly change the "stock geometry"?
And also.....how long was your wait and are Corsa's
still available??(who was your retailer?)
Thanks!!

Jack Brunk
12-11-2004, 06:50 PM
Carlos,

I bought it from a bike shop in Conn. It came as stock geo (55 cm) but has a custom paint job. colors are red(rear half) and black(front half), with yellow and white thrown in. The seat and chain stays are chromed. I'am told that Corsa's are still available but wait time is 4-6 months and you can't get it chromed.

Jack

coylifut
12-11-2004, 07:57 PM
I bought a Corsa from a friend and rode it today for the first time. About 50 miles.

jerk
12-11-2004, 10:26 PM
the corsa is one of the finest examples of a no-frills purpose built race bike...the jerk was never really good enough for an mx and raced on corsas on many occassions.....eddy knows what he's doing...send him your measurements....wait. get a bike. take the money you saved and buy some ada wheels and you will have the nicest riding, nicest handling fastest bicycle you've ever owned. the jerk actually once owned a corsa which had adas on it. a weird combination to be sure but it proved the point that a bicycle built around proper angles will out perform just about anything no matter what type of material the frame is made out of....oh and the point that wheels really, really matter. adas with a heavy steel frame will always beat out a lighter alloy or carbon frame with the same geomety with "regular" wheels. everytime. congratulations on owning one of the jerk's all time favorites.
jerk

jack-lemme know how you like those tubs....you too dbrk!

Climb01742
12-12-2004, 07:07 AM
the wait time on a custom corsa isn't as bad as suggested. i got my custom geo and paint in about two months. that may be a fluke but it's what brendan at competitive cyclist predicted. when i build it up, i hope to be as happy as jack. it really is a lovely frame.

Dr. Doofus
12-13-2004, 06:42 AM
You like the Corsa, just as Your Doofus loves the Corsa. Even with a whopping 62cm f-c, the thing under your Doofus handles great, (74 sta, 130 stem, so there's still a lot of weight over the front)...as the jerked one says, that fat guy who does triathlons now knows what he is doing....

Welcome to the Corsa club

Jack Brunk
12-13-2004, 11:43 AM
Did 65 miles yesterday on the Corsa and the ride is very very sweet. Hard to explain but the road feel is so nice even when hitting large holes. The Corsa is a great addition to my ride collection.

Jack