PDA

View Full Version : Debut of Serotta Classique

serotta_Tiffany
03-11-2009, 08:09 PM
http://www.serotta.com/classique/index.html

It's Why You Ride!

avalonracing
03-11-2009, 08:41 PM
I'm a wholehearted supporter of full Ti frames. I'm happy to see this join the lineup!

BumbleBeeDave
03-11-2009, 09:06 PM
. . . that Ben did not choose me to be a test rider along with Steve and Dave. I could use a new bike . . . :rolleyes: ;)

BBD

Pete Serotta
03-12-2009, 04:20 AM
Day. the 57cm that has my name ot is actually for you for the next month....Go enjoy. Contact Steve to make sure it is built up.

PETE

goboyle
03-12-2009, 05:32 PM
I noticed the web site states that the Classique is available as "Ready Custom" in Fierte geometry. What then is the difference between the Classique and the Fierte Ti?

Elefantino
03-12-2009, 07:04 PM
What's the difference between "Big Boy" and "OS" tubing?

Serotta_Dave
03-12-2009, 08:22 PM
Thanks for the questions, a couple of quick responses.

Classique vs Fierte- Fierte tubeset is more manipulated esp in main triangle and downtube. That is the only difference.

"Big Boy" vs OS tubing- Same tubeset. Tubeset is larger toptube, seat tube and downtube.

Had the "Big Boy" out for long ride on Sunday. Ugly wet weather, lots of junk on the roads and it really was great. Tracked well, jumped on out of saddle climbs, bombed downhill. It was covered with all sorts of debris when I got home but thats what it does so well. Just low maintenence great ride.

Elefantino
03-13-2009, 04:37 AM
I guess this means I now have Big Boy Concours?

Ken Robb
03-13-2009, 09:08 AM
I guess this means I now have Big Boy Concours?

WOW! If that's your photo you really need to ride more. :)

Elefantino
03-13-2009, 09:12 AM
WOW! If that's your photo you really need to ride more. :)
No. That should be the new head badge.

GregLR
03-13-2009, 06:30 PM
Babelfish translates "classique" as "traditional". Sloping top tube is classic ? The Zipp wheels in the display bike also add greatly to the traditional look !

Greg

jpw
03-14-2009, 02:17 AM
Babelfish translates "classique" as "traditional". Sloping top tube is classic ? The Zipp wheels in the display bike also add greatly to the traditional look !

Greg

Yeh, not a good name. Who thought that one up? :-)

How about a competition on the forum to come up with a better name?

jpw
03-14-2009, 02:18 AM

Greg

Oops, duplicate post.

bronk
03-14-2009, 03:51 AM

Greg

That was my first reaction also. My definition of classic includes a traditional top tube and steel. I love my all ti legend but -- since when did titanium become a classic material to make bikes out of? Marketing missed this one.

BCS
03-14-2009, 04:39 AM
[QUOTE=Serotta_Dave]Thanks for the questions, a couple of quick responses.

Classique vs Fierte- Fierte tubeset is more manipulated esp in main triangle and downtube. That is the only difference.

Please explain further. Is there a significant difference in weight or ride quality to justify the $623 difference? Thanks

avalonracing
03-14-2009, 09:31 AM
Nouveau Classique should be the name.
It would be very easy to add "Nouveau" to the front of the "Classique" decal.

Seriously Serotta, consider it.
Or you could de-French it all together. The bikes are made here.
If it were a Cheng-Shin made bike for the foreign market it would probably be called the "USA BlueJeans Rock n' Roll A #1"

Pete Serotta
03-15-2009, 08:28 PM
I have a 58 cm on order with lite touing/fender attachments.... The Classique for the wine runs....Very Italian is that California :bike:

jpw
03-16-2009, 02:45 AM
What is the working definition of 'lite touring'?

How is such a frame designed and constructed?

Elefantino
03-16-2009, 03:28 AM
If it were a Cheng-Shin made bike for the foreign market it would probably be called the "USA BlueJeans Rock n' Roll A #1"
No. It would be called "Maxxis" ;)

Serotta_Dave
03-16-2009, 05:54 PM
BCS: Sorry for late reply. Was at Brandywine Cyclery in Wilmington DE for Grand Opening over the weekend and not online. Very impressed with the shop. Tom Neugebauer and his family (wife Nancy and sons Tom and Steve) have put together an incredible operation in a short time and they will do a great job for us!!

Anyway great question. Is there a difference and is it worth the $623? There is a small difference that some riders will feel and others will not. Basically I think the prudent choice is the Classique Ti in Fierte geo. Fierte tubeset gets more work hence the $ diff. but for me, either get the Classique or spend $400 more than the Fierte Ti and get a Legend GS. Now you are getting a better tubeset all the way thru, double butted, Colorado concept etc.

The $1000 jumps between Classique Ti to Legend GS to Legend SE get you lighter, stiffer (forgetting Big Boy tubing for a second) ST rear end for SE, F3 fork for SE, triple butted tubing for SE, etc.

Hope that helps

maddog17
03-17-2009, 05:36 PM
Thanks for the questions, a couple of quick responses.

"Big Boy" vs OS tubing- Same tubeset. Tubeset is larger toptube, seat tube and downtube.

Had the "Big Boy" out for long ride on Sunday. Ugly wet weather, lots of junk on the roads and it really was great. Tracked well, jumped on out of saddle climbs, bombed downhill. It was covered with all sorts of debris when I got home but thats what it does so well. Just low maintenence great ride.

so how heavy should you be to consider getting the "big boy" tubing?

jasond
03-18-2009, 06:09 AM
so how heavy should you be to consider getting the "big boy" tubing?

per the website http://www.serotta.com/classique/index.html

"Bigboy Tubing

Stout tubing option recommended for frames 60 cm and larger and/or cyclists weighing 200+ lbs."

J

ClassiqueTi
03-18-2009, 07:58 AM
Babelfish translates "classique" as "traditional". Sloping top tube is classic ? (..)

I agree. But doesn't 'geometry fully custom' mean, that they would do a classical top tube if customer wants it to have?

Has anybody seen more pics of that model already?

Serotta_Dave
03-19-2009, 01:43 PM
If you want a horizontal top tube its no problem. Just order that way. We typically do bikes that will see demo service in sloping so we can accomodate a broader range of riders.

05Fierte TI
03-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Is there a geometry table somewhere for the three models. I am interested in the cyclocross version but cannot find anything about the geometry.

Serotta_Dave
03-23-2009, 12:43 PM
The HSG Cross geo table was pulled down but you can probably find under archives. If not PM me and I can take you thru the geo for your stock size. We can also do fully custom.

INFIuser
08-18-2009, 04:23 PM
I must have one of these with the Big Boy tubing. Maybe with Pie Eater forks. :)