PDA

View Full Version : Winter project part 1.

pale scotsman
12-11-2004, 01:29 PM
Dirtdigger88 aka Jason suggested we forumites take pictures of interest of one of our ride routes. Since I live in the sticks there's not too much interesting down here other than old houses, history, land, and BBQ. So here goes...

According to someone somewhere the little town we live in had more millionaires per capita than any other town in the US of A. Not too sure when it was, but we sure do have some old money and big old houses. Nowadays we are supposed to be one of the top 100 small towns to live in according to some magazine.

Here's my buddy Travis' mother in law's spread. Nice.

pale scotsman
12-11-2004, 01:32 PM
The economy down here hinges on land, timber, oil, gas, and agriculture. Here's a cotton gin in a little town called Jay. It's right over the state line in Florida.

The fields around here are huge and it can get reaaaaalllll windy!

pale scotsman
12-11-2004, 01:33 PM
Ah yes, fields of cotton...

pale scotsman
12-11-2004, 01:36 PM
Don't tell anyone but we have miles and miles of open roads with great shoulders to ride on.

pale scotsman
12-11-2004, 01:38 PM
Since it was a cool 52 this morning with some serious wind I figured I better stop by Hog Heaven on the way home and get some Brunswick Stew and Golden Flake chips to go. Good call! :beer:

BumbleBeeDave
12-11-2004, 02:14 PM
. . . aren’t you? ;)

Is this Robert E. Lee’s revenge on northern cyclists? Barely over 40 here today with intermittent rain. So I went to the gym and there was some Canadian female bodybuilder there who was waaay huger and waaay more defined than me--or any other guy there. At least, the counter guy SAID it was a chick . . . :rolleyes:

BBDave

dirtdigger88
12-11-2004, 03:41 PM
Thats what I was talking about- perfect!!!! I am still waiting for that orb in the sky to return so I can share my own ideas. I tried last weekend but none of the photos turned out like I had hoped- Same crappy weather this weekend- I froze through a solo 40 deg drizzel ride this morning- yuck!! Thanks for the pix- just what the doctor ordered

Jason

Thanks for sharing

bulliedawg
12-11-2004, 04:16 PM
Pale:

I'd post photos from here, but it would look almost exactly the same, right down to the Brunswick Stew and cotton gin. I ride some roads near the Bostwick gin, and you're right: It's amazing how the wind is aways a little tougher to handle when it's whistling across the cotton fields.

Great shots