PDA

View Full Version : Recommendation for Childs Bike Seat

rugbysecondrow
03-11-2009, 05:44 AM
The "What Got You Started" thread that got rejuvinated reminded me that I wanted to make a recommendation. I bought anIBERT (http://www.ibertinc.com/) bike seat for my daughter last year and we both absolutly love it. I had used a bike trailer for a year or so and never really felt comfortable and she never took to it either. This bike seat actually is attached to the stem and rides on the front of the bike. It is very sturdy and very easy to control. In addition, I like that if there were an accident, it is easier for me to wrap my arms around her as opposed to the rear mounted seats.

Lastly, and more importantly, she loves it. We can ride for hours just talking, pointing out ducks, birds, people, whatever. It is a way to combine two of my favorite things into one experience. It is a great way to get a fun ride in and spend time with the little one, because often times the alternative is not riding at all.

Anyway, with Spring coming, I thought some of you might want to check it out. I bought mine for 90 buck last year and my only regret is that I didn't know about it sooner. Best bike equipment ever.

Cheers,

Paul

konstantkarma
03-11-2009, 08:43 AM
My boys have always loved the Burley trailer. They get snacks, juice, their favorite toys, and pillows in the trailer. We usually have a destination planned for about 10 miles no the ride. Usually a playground, or a riverbank, and stop for lunch. Invariably, they will fall asleep on the return trip.

My oldest boy is now 5, and has transitioned to a "trail-a-bike", so we have to stop more often.

BTW, with both boys the trailer weighs ~ 80lbs. Quite a workout for daddy!