PDA

View Full Version : Sylvain Chavanel

BumbleBeeDave
03-10-2009, 06:31 PM
It's nice to see him win something and I hope he holds on to win the whole thing. I've seen several cycling media stories talking about all of his unfulfilled potential that I think were pretty unfair. Best of luck to him . . .

BTW, check out the photos with this story. These guys do NOT look like they were having fun out there today.

http://www.velonews.com/article/89115/quick-step-s-sylvain-chavanel-takes-stage-3-and-the

BBD

paczki
03-10-2009, 06:37 PM
It's nice to see him win something and I hope he holds on to win the whole thing. I've seen several cycling media stories talking about all of his unfulfilled potential that I think were pretty unfair. Best of luck to him . . .

BTW, check out the photos with this story. These guys do NOT look like they were having fun out there today.

http://www.velonews.com/article/89115/quick-step-s-sylvain-chavanel-takes-stage-3-and-the

BBD

I thought they stopped that unfulfilled potential stuff after last year's Tour. He's just about my favorite rider (ok, with Ballan and Sanchez). Such panache! I don't think he can win Paris-Nice though.

LegendRider
03-10-2009, 06:47 PM
I know it's fashionable to bash French cycling, but I am hopeful that they will rebound. It's important that the sport not die in France.

BumbleBeeDave
03-10-2009, 06:51 PM
Anything less than a Tour win and the French press savages them, comparing them to Hinault. I think Christophe Moreau is a good example of that. Granted, he has his inconsistencies and shortcomings. But if he weren't French, he would be very well regarded for his palmares. But because he's French he gets torched in the court of French public opinion.

BBD

Elefantino
03-10-2009, 08:51 PM
Anything less than a Tour win and the French press savages them, comparing them to Hinault. I think Christophe Moreau is a good example of that. Granted, he has his inconsistencies and shortcomings. But if he weren't French, he would be very well regarded for his palmares. But because he's French he gets torched in the court of French public opinion.
Whoa ... maybe the court of media opinion, but the public — at least that public that goes to races — treats him like a Beatle.

GuyGadois
03-10-2009, 10:08 PM
Its hard to imagine a dude named Sylvain winning something major :p

BumbleBeeDave
03-11-2009, 05:27 AM
Whoa ... maybe the court of media opinion, but the public — at least that public that goes to races — treats him like a Beatle.

I did mean media. Yeah, he's the housewife's fave now that Tricky Dicky Virenque has retired . . .

BBD

paczki
03-11-2009, 08:33 AM
!!!