PDA

View Full Version : Michelin Pro 3s (v) Hutchinson Fusion 2

goblue
03-10-2009, 03:33 PM
Kevlar ProTech road tire marked down from $63.99 to $21.99. I think I can get the Pro 3s for about $45.00 each. I am currently using the Pro 3s on my Legend. Which would you choose and why?

Pete Serotta
03-10-2009, 04:52 PM
they both ride well (in my view). Hutchinson seem to be more prone to cuts in my experience.

Pete

goblue
03-10-2009, 06:36 PM
$21.00 seems like a great deal...too good to turn down. Plus the tires are blue which should work with my true blue comp yellow scheme...

jasond
03-10-2009, 06:41 PM
they both ride well (in my view). Hutchinson seem to be more prone to cuts in my experience.

Pete

I like my Pro 3's but it seems like I've been a bit unlucky lately and I try my best not to ride in the “gutter”. Although it seems like I pick up glass and it weasels its way into the tire anyway. I've gone through a couple Pro 2's and 3's since last year. I'll continue to buy them because I doubt any road tire can stop glass shards from penetrating the tire. However when I used Vittoria tires I never once got a flat. Although I never started getting flats until I moved to where I live now in MA.

J

Sandy
03-10-2009, 07:10 PM
Kevlar ProTech road tire marked down from $63.99 to $21.99. I think I can get the Pro 3s for about $45.00 each. I am currently using the Pro 3s on my Legend. Which would you choose and why?

Probikekit.com has Michelin Pro 3 Race for $30.77. They have a full selection of colors presently and do not charge freight.

Sandy
PS- goblue- Did you go to Michigan? My daughter went to Michigan, Pudue, and Northwestern. She has 3 Master's degrees, two in engineering, and one in business. I am now broke because of her education. :)

goblue
03-11-2009, 10:22 AM
I did not. Villanova Univ for me. But my wife, brother, brother-in-law, father in law are UM grads. My son will be enrolling in A2 soon. We have football season tx and have consumed way too much beer at tailgate parties.

You have a bright daughter on your hands! Thx for the probikekit lead. I'll probably just get another pr. of Pro 3s...I think they are lighter than the Hutchinsons.

tylercheung
03-11-2009, 07:22 PM
i went with the conti gp4000s and gatorskins. Ppl seemed to think the pro3's were a little too fragile. but hutchinson does have a cool video:

http://vimeo.com/2989396