PDA

View Full Version : 09 Cnetaur and Cables

GuyGadois
03-09-2009, 09:44 PM
I hope to install my new Centaur over the next couple of days ( :banana: ) and realized that the housing it came with (black, of course) doesn't look nearly as good as white on this bike. As well all know, looking good is as important as riding well :p . Will a shifting problem emerge if I change the housing over to white? I have plenty of white housing sitting around. I am not sure if Centaur uses the double secret micro cable stuff campy uses now or is good ole fashion housing works .

:beer:

Monsieur Gadois

pdxmech13
03-09-2009, 11:01 PM
If you expect the equipment to work as the manufacturer intended, use what came with it.

Colored cables are very cliche

fierte_poser
03-09-2009, 11:34 PM
09 Centaur levers use the new ultra low friction housing. I'm not sure your old housing will fit into the shift lever's housing properly. It is probably the wrong outside diameter (too big to fit). Even if does fit into the shift lever housing, it might not be a good idea. Dave tried using another brand (Jagwire) of housing/cable with 09 Campy levers and shifting suffered.

Good luck.

GuyGadois
03-10-2009, 08:44 AM
09 Centaur levers use the new ultra low friction housing. I'm not sure your old housing will fit into the shift lever's housing properly. It is probably the wrong outside diameter (too big to fit). Even if does fit into the shift lever housing, it might not be a good idea. Dave tried using another brand (Jagwire) of housing/cable with 09 Campy levers and shifting suffered.

Good luck.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I will stick with the black.

-GG-