PDA

View Full Version : Breaking Away................

Arklatex
03-09-2009, 08:12 PM
FWIW - The guy that played 'Moocher' in Breaking Away plays 'Rorschach' in The Watchman. Both are great movies.

toaster
03-09-2009, 08:50 PM
The Rorschach character was my favorite. The steamy scenes with Malin Ackerman in the flying vehicle were two thumbs up, way up!

Arklatex
03-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Watchman was one of the best movies I've seen in quite a long time. The movie had no respect for the sequence of time. Breaking Away was also a great movie. It is good to see Moocher moved on :bike:

Ray
03-10-2009, 05:03 AM
Moocher was the little guy, right? That guy also did an amazing job in a Kate Winslet movie a couple of years ago called Little Children. He played a very creepy but somewhat sympathetic child molester (sympathetic in terms of how hard he was trying to overcome his problem and the step he ultimately took because he couldn't trust himself) in that movie. Might have even gotten an Oscar nomination.

Jackie Earle Haley is his name - just looked it up.

-Ray

johnnymossville
03-10-2009, 05:23 AM
Always thought moocher was a good actor, all those guys in Breaking Away really. I'll have to check out those movies.

dancinkozmo
03-10-2009, 06:43 AM
he was also the motorcycle riding punk in "bad news bears" (the '76 original with walter matthau not the crappy remake)

avalonracing
03-10-2009, 06:51 AM
Breaking Away is as good as American Flyers is bad.

Ray is right. Haley's acting in Little Children is tremendous. Tough role but he pulled it off.

dvs cycles
03-10-2009, 07:26 AM
I was wondering if it was him while we were watching but didn't know the actors name to look for it in the credits.
Never heard of Watchmen before going to see the movie.
Whay can't the Blue Guy put on some PANTS?

William
03-10-2009, 09:24 AM
Ray is right. Haley's acting in Little Children is tremendous. Tough role but he pulled it off.

I didn't see the whole movie but the scene where he goeas swimming in the kids pool with the mask and snorkel was creepy.

William

Flat Out
03-10-2009, 10:00 AM
He's also in Will Ferrel's "Semi-Pro".

Not quite the same caliber as "Little Children".

Ray
03-10-2009, 10:04 AM
I didn't see the whole movie but the scene where he goeas swimming in the kids pool with the mask and snorkel was creepy.

You kind of have to get to the end to find any redemption for that guy. And it was waaaaaay more than creepy if you make it through.

-Ray

CaliFly
03-10-2009, 10:10 AM
He's also in Will Ferrel's "Semi-Pro".

Not quite the same caliber as "Little Children".

But funny...seemed like Moocher on steroids in that flick. :cool:

mistermo
03-10-2009, 12:18 PM
Anyone ever thought Moocher and Tyler Hamilton were separated at birth?