PDA

View Full Version : Silver Bontrager bar question

d_douglas
03-06-2009, 01:36 PM
OK, this is vain, but I need a new 46cm bar and will be using a Deda Zero ti grey finish STEM (OOOOPS, I forgot to mention that this was the stem!).

Has anyone seen the finish of a silver Bontrager Racelite bar in the flesh? If so, does it have a ti-type finish or a bright silver finish? I would like it if the silver matched the dark silver of the stem, but wonder if the difference between the two colours wouldn't look good and I should just buy a black bar.

Any first hand examples?

Thanks!

Wiley J
03-06-2009, 04:53 PM
I have seen them in person, and would say they are the bright silver finish.

rphetteplace
03-06-2009, 05:18 PM
I have a set on my fiancee's bike. Definately wouldn't consider them high polish. To me they look powder coated.

Wiley J
03-06-2009, 10:47 PM
Yeah, the finish could almost be described as dull. Definately not polished. By bright silver I meant the shade of silver they are.

caleb
03-06-2009, 10:54 PM
I use a silver Thomson stem with the Deda dark metal bars and I don't think it looks too bad.

AFS
03-07-2009, 12:30 AM
Here's one with a silver Thomson:

d_douglas
03-07-2009, 12:39 AM
Photo is valuable - I meant to say that I was using the dark grey ti finish Deda stem with this new bar.

Any thoughts seeing this silver bar? Should I use it or a black bar?

Hs anyone used this bontrager bar? Opinions? I think Bontrager often makes ugly stuff (wheels, stems for examples) but they seem to always be of good quality - this 46cm c-c bar addiction is limiting my options.

AFS
03-07-2009, 01:14 AM
My first impression, with no tape, was that the black bars looked better. Once taped and attached to the Thomson they looked o.k., but nothing special.