PDA

View Full Version : New Barnes Aerospace Jersey 2009

jberenyi
03-04-2009, 03:53 PM
It's that time of the year here at Barnes and this year we are going with our new logo and the Joint Strike Fighter the F-35. We decided on two colors and quite frankly its pretty split here at the division so we are asking the cycling gurus what they like in a poll. If you want one please private message me so I can take your order. I think they will be priced at $60-65. Last year we had a few on the forum that wanted our popular F-22 fighter jersey and we were happy to oblige.

Louis
03-04-2009, 04:41 PM
Personally, I think this pic would be MUCH better ;)

http://barnesaerospace.com/images/plane_over_ocean.jpg

Elefantino
03-04-2009, 04:49 PM
Blue.

You fly in the sky, not in, um, JelloŽ.

:D

bigdeal
03-04-2009, 04:50 PM
Personally, I think this pic would be MUCH better ;)

http://barnesaerospace.com/images/plane_over_ocean.jpg

I saw that picture and this automatically popped into my head:
Revvin' up your engine
Listen to her howlin' roar
Metal under tension
Beggin' you to touch and go

Highway to the Danger Zone
Ride into the Danger Zone

............Talk to me Goose............

Bruce K
03-04-2009, 05:05 PM
Except that's an Eagle not a Tomcat. No swing-wing.

Both cool planes but the new stuff is way cooler.

BK

rnhood
03-04-2009, 05:21 PM
Nice, I'd go with a slightly lighter shade of blue.

jberenyi
03-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Nice, I'd go with a slightly lighter shade of blue.

Me too. I already called them to make a change. It will look real nice. I believe we are getting both colors since the division has such a split in preference.

Louis
03-04-2009, 06:43 PM
I agree that the lighter blue will be nicer than the shade shown, and more realistic, but the green stands out better, which I suppose is one purpose of a cycling jersey.

mgm777
03-04-2009, 08:52 PM
As a former AF Officer....I've had enough of he blue/gray/silver. I really, really like the green. Unique. Different. Cool.

93legendti
03-04-2009, 09:18 PM
The blue.

Ozz
03-04-2009, 09:21 PM
As a former AF Officer....I've had enough of he blue/gray/silver. I really, really like the green. Unique. Different. Cool.
agreed...the blue will get lost in a sea of blue jerseys....the lime green will really stand out.

Kines
03-05-2009, 06:26 AM

And maybe I spent too much time in the neon 80's, and around Kawasaki riders, but to me there's no contest - go with Blue.

Although I do appreciate the arguement about standing out; I just wouldn't do it with chartreuse, myself. I design our jerseys with that in mind, as it really helps to spot each other in 24 hour MTB racing, or on long event rides where you're often in a huge peloton, and might get separated on climbs then regroup. I guess you need to decide which is better - to stand out, or to look good (IMHO). :-)

KN

Viper
03-05-2009, 08:56 AM
Blue, but I'd prefer what the marketing group used for Top Gun movie poster. Their sunrise, bright orange/persimmon is cool. And yes, my name is Viper. While Iceman and Maverick chased eachother around the volleyball court thinking they were the best pilot, they knew the deal.

:beer:

Sandy
03-05-2009, 09:05 AM
If you choose green, your sales will make you feel blue. If you choose blue, your sales will make others green with envy.

Some may like the green, but many would never buy a jersey with that color.

The color man,

Sandy

William
03-05-2009, 09:06 AM
I agree that the lighter blue will be nicer than the shade shown, and more realistic, but the green stands out better, which I suppose is one purpose of a cycling jersey.

I agree here. I would say blue if it was a t-shirt. Since it's a cycling jersey and I'm on the road with cars...one Lime green for me please.

William

Ozz
03-05-2009, 12:05 PM
...they knew the deal.

"Holy *****, it's Viper!" - Wolfman

Viper
03-05-2009, 05:41 PM
"Holy *****, it's Viper!" - Wolfman

The Moderators. They have this on a piece of paper affixed to their refridgerators with a magnet, next to their Disneyworld and Atmoland postcards. :)