PDA

View Full Version : NAHBS Green Goodrich

SamIAm
03-04-2009, 01:10 PM
My wife, who I don't deserve, with the bike she most definitely does!

http://i40.tinypic.com/347fj3k.jpg

goonster
03-04-2009, 01:15 PM
It's a fantastic bike, built by one of the best. One of the nicest I saw in the NAHBS pictures.

pdbrye
03-04-2009, 01:16 PM
the bike, too!

I think my spot in the Goodrich que is comoing up soon, too, I hope...

Blue Jays
03-04-2009, 01:16 PM
Curt built an awesome bicycle there! Hope she rides it in good health. The new stainless steel headbadge is fantastic.
You guys were a great couple at the Finger Lakes Ramble, you're both lucky to have found each other.

rphetteplace
03-04-2009, 01:19 PM
There is nothing in that picture that isn't totally beautiful. Kudos SamIam.

Ray
03-04-2009, 01:26 PM
Beautiful bike, beautiful smile, not necessarily in that order! May she enjoy the bike and you enjoy each other in good health.

Hard to tell exactly from a photo, but that is VERY close to the same color as my ti Spectrum (a small portion of which shows up in my avatar). Great shade of green.

-Ray

johnnymossville
03-04-2009, 01:45 PM
That's one of my favorite colors for a bike and it's a beauty. Congrats!

More pics when you get a chance!

Grant McLean
03-04-2009, 01:46 PM
One of the best bikes of the show, imho.

Glad to see your better half looks set to enjoy it,
and great too see Curt's amazing work on display!

-g

Blue Jays
03-04-2009, 02:21 PM
I'm admiring the internally-routed brake cable, too.
Dig that awesome blue Curt Goodrich cyclocross bike in the background.

Pete Serotta
03-04-2009, 02:23 PM
Both very classy!!!!

dekindy
03-04-2009, 02:59 PM
I hate to say it but I think I think the right fork had a small chip in it. :mad:
I know because I was admiring the bike and happened to see it. I hope it was just a smudge.

EDIT: I would not tease about a thing like this. I was horrified when I saw it. I got naked Ti because I was tired of scratched/chipped paint. I talked with these "kids" several times because they shipped water bottles to me and I brought them to Curt's booth.

mschol17
03-04-2009, 03:07 PM
I hate to say it but I think I think the right fork had a small chip in it. :mad:
I know because I was admiring the bike and happened to see it. I hope it was just a smudge.

You were certainly imagining that...

Blue Jays
03-04-2009, 03:08 PM
You're being mean to the new Goodrich owner!

Johny
03-04-2009, 03:21 PM
Congrats Sydney!

RudAwkning
03-04-2009, 04:07 PM

EDIT: I would not tease about a thing like this. I was horrified when I saw it. I got naked Ti because I was tired of scratched/chipped paint. I talked with these "kids" several times because they shipped water bottles to me and I brought them to Curt's booth.

Yuppers. I saw it too. Here's a photo of it. :(

But it's a bike. It won't be the last scratch.

SamIAm
03-04-2009, 04:07 PM

You are correct, the right fork blade got chipped during transit. The nice thing is that now that Curt builds AND paints, he will get it fixed up and out to us shortly. I think he said it would take a day or so. I don't think Sydney ever noticed that chip by the way.

dekindy
03-04-2009, 04:30 PM
You are correct, the right fork blade got chipped during transit. The nice thing is that now that Curt builds AND paints, he will get it fixed up and out to us shortly. I think he said it would take a day or so. I don't think Sydney ever noticed that chip by the way.

I wish that I had not mentioned it now. I hope she does does not read the forum. It was so obvious (to us anal retentive detail oriented people) that I did not think that anyone could miss it.

SamIAm
03-04-2009, 04:31 PM
I wish that I had not mentioned it now. I hope she does does not read the forum. It was so obvious (to us anal retentive detail oriented people) that I did not think that anyone could miss it.

Update from Curt, already fixed, shipping tomorrow. Now that is service!

dekindy
03-04-2009, 04:34 PM
Update from Curt, already fixed, shipping tomorrow. Now that is service!

Hopefully the good weather we have here will make it there for perfect timing to ride the new bike outdoors when it arrives! I have some new wheels and tires due to arrive in a few days. It looks like the weather will be nice to ride outside so I plan on taking the bike off the trainer, hopefully for good, and putting them on to ride outdoors.

MRB
03-04-2009, 04:40 PM
Beauties! (plural)

Thanks Rob! You're truly a great guy!!

Elefantino
03-04-2009, 04:47 PM
Wives who ride are the absolute best.

She's a lucky woman. And she has a nice bike, too!

palincss
03-04-2009, 04:51 PM
Curt built an awesome bicycle there! Hope she rides it in good health. The new stainless steel headbadge is fantastic.
You guys were a great couple at the Finger Lakes Ramble, you're both lucky to have found each other.

Was she riding a Saluki there?

Ahneida Ride
03-04-2009, 05:31 PM
Curt is one of my favorite builders ...

I walk into the Bedford & Serotta shops with a Curt hat on !

rnhood
03-04-2009, 05:40 PM
That is a fine looking bike. It appears to be mostly green with a touch of teal in it. Just unique enough to set it apart. I think your wife will be suitably happy.

SamIAm
03-04-2009, 05:46 PM
Was she riding a Saluki there?

Indeed she was.

false_Aest
03-04-2009, 06:33 PM
It's a fantastic bike, built by one of the best. One of the nicest I saw in the NAHBS pictures.

It's a fantastic wife.

Bike is attractive too.

;)

MarleyMon
03-05-2009, 07:49 AM
You ARE a lucky man, SamIAm.
It was a pleasure to meet you both.

I know she will enjoy her new Curt Goodrich.

Erik.Lazdins
03-05-2009, 04:57 PM
Sam I Am and others who have:

Seen their bike at NAHMBS then needed to leave the show without the bike after already waiting for your names to appear in the respective builder's work queue...

Did you survive the SECOND wait?

that seems really tough

that is a great pic - thanks for posting.

All the best,
Erik

rydesteel
03-05-2009, 07:30 PM
I got to take mine home from Curt's booth. It's the white sportif, I'm glad no one looked to close at the drive side chainstay where I dropped a chain on the second ride :crap: . Still looks good for being a year old with a couple thousand miles on it. Just wait till you take that first ride Sydney, Curt builds a wonderful bike. Hope the snow is all gone, Glad you both got home safe. Till next time, enjoy this day. Frank

Erik.Lazdins
03-05-2009, 07:38 PM
I got to take mine home from Curt's booth. It's the white sportif, I'm glad no one looked to close at the drive side chainstay where I dropped a chain on the second ride :crap: . Still looks good for being a year old with a couple thousand miles on it. Just wait till you take that first ride Sydney, Curt builds a wonderful bike. Hope the snow is all gone, Glad you both got home safe. Till next time, enjoy this day. Frank

How does the Sportif ride? Sounds like a great bike!

H.Frank Beshear
03-05-2009, 08:38 PM
How does the Sportif ride? Sounds like a great bike!

Uhmm.. really well :>).
Curt say's it's a road bike with a sensible geometry and the ability to run a larger tire. at the show I had it set up with the new Challenge Parigi Roubaix's a nice 27mmish tire and a 13-26 cassette for hills. If I'm going to ride with the fast kids on the race team (on a recovery day) I'll swap wheels out for a set of tubular's and a 12-23. It's an amazingly stable ride that steers with a thought unlike a more racy bike that steers at a thought. Hope that makes sense. With fender mounts I can even make it a rain bike if I wanted. Lot's of fun to ride though. Thanks for asking. Frank

Ken Robb
03-05-2009, 10:11 PM
I guess that's what I'm getting PDQ.

shinomaster
03-06-2009, 06:07 PM
My wife, who I don't deserve, with the bike she most definitely does!

Way to go Sam!

DarkStar
03-06-2009, 08:06 PM
What is the average wait time from when Curt gets an order to delivery?

SamIAm
03-06-2009, 08:10 PM
What is the average wait time from when Curt gets an order to delivery?

I don't know what it is these days, but it took be a bit over a year.

DarkStar
03-06-2009, 08:37 PM
Thanks.
Cheers

mschol17
03-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Thanks.
Cheers

It's currently around 2 years.