PDA

View Full Version : What did you think about Indy?

jghall
03-01-2009, 04:04 PM
We'll all this talk about the show has me a bit down in the dumps. Living here I obviously had high hopes of attenting the show, meeting some of the builders(several of whom I own bikes from), and putting faces to the names of the many forumites of this site.

Damn prior commitments!

Back when the host was announced, we'll let's just say there was quite a bit of stuff said. Anyway, having some friends in the convention center business, I'd love to hear what you guys thought about the Indy, the facilities, the people, etc.

Truly sorry to have missed it, you. Thanks in advance for your time.

Regards,
Jeff

Smiley
03-01-2009, 04:10 PM
The waitress at Rock Bottom was da bomb, good sense of humor to put up with 45 hungry folks. Seriously Indy is a friendly town and I hope the show broke all kinds of records.

Yes the fact that I got to meet forumites was just icing on the cake too :banana:

14max
03-01-2009, 05:01 PM

Samster
03-01-2009, 05:28 PM
it was fun. indy is a midwestern city, not all that different from my hometown of st. louis... so i felt at home.

it never fails to amaze me how, even with great bikes already in the stable, you always want more.

Louis
03-01-2009, 06:54 PM
I thought it was great fun and well worth the investment of my time and money. For me it's just as much about the people as the bikes. Yes, you get to see all the hardware we already know and love, but also the stuff that's a bit less familiar (e.g. ANT and their ilk) but spending time with the people (whether they be world-renown builders and painters or just another forum bloke like me) is just as much a thrill.

I'll gladly go next year if it's within a five-hour drive.

I thought Indy itself was a fine venue. From what I can tell, downtown is a much more happening place than St Louis, where they seem to roll up the sidewalks after sunset. Lots of nice places within convenient walking distance, and the weather was no problem, even for a SOCAL boy like JB, who on Saturday was walking to and from the restaurant in shirtsleeves.

Louis

gomez308
03-01-2009, 07:10 PM
I had an awesome time. It was a leetle cold though. I met some old Army buddies and we a reunion. We ate at Harry and Izzys both nights. It was so good we had to go back. We stayed at the Hilton and never got in the car. It was nice to be able to walk to everything and not worry about parking.

Louis
03-01-2009, 07:19 PM
We ate at Harry and Izzys both nights.

We were there (upstairs) on Friday. Nice place, with reasonable prices.

dbrown
03-01-2009, 10:30 PM
Having spent some of each of the last 4 days at the show, I would definitely recommend everyone who can, go to the show, wherever it is next year. I'd also recommend that if you are local to the show, volunteer to help out. I was there the night before it opened to help exhibitors unload. I got to help unload the Erekson's trailer, the IF and Bailey bag van and trailer, I carried the winning Dave Ellis frame into the center, and helped Curt Goodrich and Nic Crumpton unload, among others. By the time I left Thursday night, I was able to pretty much see all the booths/ bikes that were set up, with no crowds at all.

Noah's restoration of Mike Barry's Cinelli was a highlight for me. So very nice.

My thanks to all the builders who came, and showed their amazing works.