PDA

View Full Version : Drove down to NAHBS on Friday

Mikej
03-01-2009, 09:29 AM
So, I woke up, called in sick, flew it past my wife, learned me about digital cameras, and drove 5 hours. I really enjoyed everything. I met RS, saw those SACHS bikes in person (no wonder everybody wants one, I didn't get it till I saw it, maybe he laced the twizzlers) saw some old friends, and mentally spent about $85,000. I really liked the COURAGE bikes, the guy was really putting up some solid bikes, all around - mountain, road, nice details super clean. I am really in need of a new mountain bike, Kent Eriksen is going to win that one. He is a dedicated, experienced guy who should get some more press. I appreciated Dave Kirks, but did not get to introduce myself, spoke with the Moots guy about the King Inset on the 29' front ended mountain bike. This is going to be the one application that inset will take over - 29" - due to the clearance it allows by a sort of reverse head tube extension (atmo) - the 29" geo has a tweaked front end. Vanilla was sweet,Indy Fab had a 26" Ti Deluxe with the best color combo ever, they do what they do so well, I wish I could have stayed - drove back to Milwaukee that night. So, now I all poluted with new bikes. Thanks to all of the craftspeople involved.