PDA

View Full Version : customs clearance

scpknees
02-27-2009, 04:08 PM
Heads up if your buying from out of states. I recentlly purchased some parts from total cycling. they arrived in the states on the 13 of feb and have been stuck awaiting customs clearance since then. good thing it's not riding season for me yet. so you might want to reconsider if you are in desperate need of a part on going that route. Nothing to do with total cycling or any other site. i've bought from tc in the past and the delivery was quick. I called and they said this happend about a year ago but not since then. There is nothing i can do but wait. good luck when saving a buck.

scpknees.

Steevo
02-27-2009, 05:37 PM
Some questions to ask to maybe help expedite the clearance:

How were your goods shipped? Fed EX / UPS or other?
Is the carrier (UPS /Fed EX) processing the custom clearance or another party processing.
Contact the party processing the clearance to determine the reason and investigate expediting the process.

zmudshark
02-27-2009, 05:53 PM
I bought a complete grouppo plus a few other things last Tuesday night from Ribble. I had it Saturday.

I find this is usually the case with PBK as well.

I haven't bought from Total in eons.

Buzz
02-27-2009, 06:32 PM
Sent from Wiggle (Great Britain) on the 23rd arrived at my house this a.m. in California today the 27th. The shipping costs were $11.99.

Lurch
02-27-2009, 07:35 PM
How were your goods shipped? Fed EX / UPS or other?

Total Cycling ships Parcelforce, which comes US Postal when it gets stateside. I've been waiting on an order from Total Cycling since 30 January. Good thing I'm not in a hurry, the savings was worth it.

Assuming I get my package someday.

zmudshark
02-27-2009, 08:23 PM
Total Cycling ships Parcelforce, which comes US Postal when it gets stateside. I've been waiting on an order from Total Cycling since 30 January. Good thing I'm not in a hurry, the savings was worth it.

Assuming I get my package someday.My Ribble order was 'dispatched*' via Parcelforce as well.

Perhaps the customs papers were not in order.

It's my understanding that Total is a smaller company, and may not be well versed in the intricacies of hassle free shipping to the Colonies.

*Brit for shipped