PDA

View Full Version : Nahbs/tfc

David Kirk
02-27-2009, 06:57 AM
Well we made it here and all is well. The venue and town seem very cool and I look forward to getting this show rolling.

In case you haven't seen this I thought I'd float it here.

See you at the show.

Dave

For Immediate Release
26, February 2009
Indianapolis, Indiana

Eight professional framebuilders from three countries have spent the last 24 months working together to create an international organization which they hope can strengthen the trade, pay homage to its past, and work towards ensuring that its future is bright and profitable. The Framebuilders' Collective is a now a reality. The group includes
Curt Goodrich, Sacha White, Nick Crumpton, Dave Kirk, Carl Strong, Dario Pegoretti, Darrell McCulloch, and Richard Sachs.

A website http://www.framebuilders.org has been created as the holding place for the group's mission statement and FAQ list.

All founding members are enthusiastic about the Collective's potential and are now looking forward to finally being a public entity after 2 years of planning. Efforts are underway to expand the names involved so that the The Framebuilders' Collective will be a true representation of the talent and the commitment that is part and parcel of the professional framebuilding trade.

Elefantino
02-27-2009, 09:19 AM
Now that you're all working together, does that mean wait times will be shorter? :p

Tom Byrnes
02-27-2009, 09:40 AM
Great idea. Great gathering of professionals. We, the consumers of their great work, will benefit from this collective effort.

Thank you.

Tom

MRB
02-27-2009, 12:35 PM
I like the spirit of cooperation from a diverse group of skilled professionals.

ggross
02-27-2009, 02:16 PM
I applaud your venture and wish you nothing but the best. I am glad to see those that actually make something of value with their hands looking to gain more momentum.

Happy building.

Waldo
02-27-2009, 02:25 PM
Now that you're all working together, does that mean wait times will be shorter? :p

Union -- means prices will be higher. :crap:

csm
02-27-2009, 04:47 PM
card check

Bruce K
02-27-2009, 05:18 PM
I believe it's more about raising the bar in an area where anyone with a torch can start up a business in theri garage and call themselves a frame builder.

The long term affect of this could be more like a guild (not exactly my original idea, but I see it), where to be listed you would have to show proficiency, dedication, and professionalism.

If that's the case, it is a good thing for both builders and consumers.

Just my 2 cents.

BK

Lifelover
02-27-2009, 06:20 PM
I don't see anything from the website that indicates it will be a "guild". Let's hope not anyway. Historically, guilds do not benefit the consumer. I also hope that there is no effort on their part to "set" pricing.

It will certainly be interesting to watch and I hope that the craft is enhanced by the effort.

I suspect it is one of the main topics of discussion behind closed doors in Indy this weekend.

csm
02-27-2009, 08:04 PM
I doubt anything sinister would come out of it.

Lifelover
02-27-2009, 08:45 PM
I doubt anything sinister would come out of it.

I didn't mean to imply that I thought it would.

MarleyMon
02-28-2009, 08:34 AM
These guys are some of the nicest people I have met in a long time.
I wish them all the success possible in whatever venture they choose.

Mike