PDA

View Full Version : it's really kitchy but strangely attractive

bags27
12-08-2004, 09:47 AM
What do people think about the Colnago President Leonardo da Vinci, as seen on the back of the current Velo News?

I wish everyone would give old Leonardo some rest, always invoking him to somehow suggest that a product is pathbreaking, outside-the-box. But I seem to find myself staring and staring at that bike (whether disbelief or desire, I dunno).

Dave
12-08-2004, 06:51 PM
I've owned two Rabobank C-40 frames and enjoyed them both, but I bought them at far below retail price, rode each for two seasons and sold them for remarkably high prices (E-bay).

I love the bike's look but it's more than I'd be willing to pay these days. I have about the same amount invested in two Campy equipped LOOK frames (a KG381 and KG461, both in Jalabert colors).

I like the quicker handling of the LOOK frames myself.

Bill Bove
12-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Disbelief. I once thought Colnago's Geo paintjob was as ugly as it could get. Once again, WRONG!

Why in the world would anybody want any other color than pink for their bike?

BumbleBeeDave
12-08-2004, 08:42 PM
OK--looks pretty nice. I think it would look even better, though, if they carried the theme through on the seat tube also. Maybe a little more of the mirror writing and a coupl of more symbols. But man, ANYTHING is better than that little day-glo guy on the top tube!

And Bill . . . . There are very nice things that are pink, but bikes aren’t one of them. :rolleyes:

BBDave

Bill Bove
12-08-2004, 08:54 PM
Oh Dave, thank God for the edit option otherwise our beloved sherrif's head would have exploded if I wrote what first came to mind. :D

jerk
12-08-2004, 09:23 PM
ok, secret admission by the jerk here.....the jerk asked that his c50 be painted pink.....or if they wouldn't do that just to leave it black.....the jerk guessed they wouldn't do that. pink is the toughest color....for example:

shinomaster
12-08-2004, 09:41 PM
Everyone in Portland that races and is cool has either a pink jersey or a pink Vanilla bicycle...

dbrk
12-08-2004, 10:00 PM
I only wish Rene Herse had painted bikes pink but in lieu of that, can we say "pink please"? Here are at least two:
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=3482&highlight=kitty
and
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=297&highlight=kitty

I think a C50 painted pink would be about the coolest thing in the whole darn world of modernity. Does anyone have a Ciao pinkie? I know Ginger has said it's not really pink but pictures? pictures?

dbrk
who visited with Mike Barry today, just about the most fun possible talking bikes with a guy who knows as much as any living being...gotta talk to Sacha about a pink Vanilla...oooooooooo

Vancouverdave
12-09-2004, 10:12 AM
I think there's an Italian bike builder with the taste of a ditzy drag queen, is what!

Chief
12-09-2004, 04:30 PM
Pink bikes make me want to reach for Pepto Bismo! :D