PDA

View Full Version : shipping favour to ask.

d_douglas
02-26-2009, 04:59 AM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have been on the hunt for a Vicious Cycles CX disc only fork for a while now and there is one on the 'Bay.

I have contacted the seller to ask whether I (a Canadian who lives in Switzerland) would be permitted to buy, as long as I ship to a US address. (He does not want to ship outside of the 48 States) Well, he has (politely and apologetically) refused to ship outside of the US, as well to me, since my Ebay and Paypal accounts are registered in Canada.

Is there anyone in the Virginia / Maryland / DC area who might be able to purchase this fork on Ebay for me and have it shipped to their address (IF I win the auction)? From there, stick it in the mail and ship to Switzerland via USPS??

I suppose that anyone in the US could help, since he will ship anywhere in the US, but since I would like it to come to Europe, the East Coast would be the cheapest solution.

I will pay/prepay the costs involved, so you will incur no expenses.

I know this is a pretty dumb request, but can you help a brother out? Thanks!

Keith A
02-26-2009, 07:10 AM
I'm not in the Virginia / Maryland / DC area, but am on the East Coast down in Florida and would be willing to help out. The only possible problem is that I don't know what my availibility will be this weekend or early next week due to a death in my family. However, this shouldn't be an issue since it would take a couple of days to get to me even if you win the auction. Just let me know if any of our NE pals can't help you out.

rugbysecondrow
02-26-2009, 07:18 AM
I am in Maryland, so let me know if you still need some help. pm me and we can talk.

Thanks,

Paul

d_douglas
02-26-2009, 10:42 AM
Thanks Paul - this European life has its pitfalls...