PDA

View Full Version : Lickbike.com

roadie7
02-26-2009, 04:36 AM
I googled Brooks leather bar tape and Lickbike.com appeared along with Wallbike. I was wondering if any of you folks ever ordered from Lickbike.com and how was your experience. I know Wallbike has an excellent reputation but they are significantly more expensive ($89 v. $65).

Thanks for the help.

Ray
02-26-2009, 04:50 AM
I googled Brooks leather bar tape and Lickbike.com appeared along with Wallbike. I was wondering if any of you folks ever ordered from Lickbike.com and how was your experience. I know Wallbike has an excellent reputation but they are significantly more expensive ($89 v. $65).

Thanks for the help.
Licktons has been around a lot longer than Wallbike. They don't specialize in the old and funky stuff that Wallbike does, but they carry a lot of it along with everything else. I've had good luck dealing with them in the past. Probably haven't ordered anything from them in 3-4 years but never had a problem when I did. I don't recall their shipping being as fast as some other places - I think it may take them a few days to get some orders out, but they were always reliable.

-Ray

xjoex
02-26-2009, 06:01 AM
I ordered a set of paul's touring brakes from Lickbike. No problems to speak of. I would buy from them again.

-Joe

Ti Designs
02-26-2009, 06:48 AM
I know that most of you keep your bikes clean enough to eat off of, but with the amount of dirt and road salt on my fixed gear just the name "LickBike" makes me sick.

Smiley
02-26-2009, 06:49 AM
no problems here with Lick bike either and they have excellent Brooks prices

dancinkozmo
02-26-2009, 06:50 AM
+1 for lickbike...everything ive ever ordered from them was priced well and quickly shipped.

Keith A
02-26-2009, 06:51 AM
Do a search on Lickbike and you'll see this subject has come up serveral times. I've purchased from them a number of times and would buy from them again.

William
02-26-2009, 06:52 AM
I know that most of you keep your bikes clean enough to eat off of, but with the amount of dirt and road salt on my fixed gear just the name "LickBike" makes me sick.

Don't hang around with BD then. :no:

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_zk0MNig5YYc/SA1Y_2A2RII/AAAAAAAAAIY/xc-2ngfSbeo/IMAG0030.jpg

William

jlwdm
02-26-2009, 06:59 AM
Twice I ordered from Lickbike and was told they had items in stock. After no shipping confirmation a few days later I called and was told the item had not shipped because it was being transferred from a warehouse. After over a week the items still had not shipped and I canceled the orders.The second item I was told a few days after ordering that it was not in stock and would be there in a couple of days. After more delays I was told that the product was delayed again and no one could get the product. Others were getting the product though so I paid a little more to get it elsewhere.

Calling involves re-dialing over and over agakn to get through to someone.

My transactions were last year.

Jeff

paczki
02-26-2009, 07:11 AM
Twice I ordered from Lickbike and was told they had items in stock. After no shipping confirmation a few days later I called and was told the item had not shipped because it was being transferred from a warehouse. After over a week the items still had not shipped and I canceled the orders.The second item I was told a few days after ordering that it was not in stock and would be there in a couple of days. After more delays I was told that the product was delayed again and no one could get the product. Others were getting the product though so I paid a little more to get it elsewhere.

Calling involves re-dialing over and over agakn to get through to someone.

My transactions were last year.

Jeff

I've had the same experience twice. Also the owner is a total crabass, and if you get him on the phone you wish you hadn't ordered from them.

dancinkozmo
02-26-2009, 07:42 AM
hey paczki !
happy belated "paczki tuesday !"

paczki
02-26-2009, 07:47 AM
Thank you :banana: :banana: :banana:

ejh
02-26-2009, 08:53 AM
I have used lickbike with no problems and will order again

Viper
02-26-2009, 09:21 AM

Thanks for the help.

*cough cough*:

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=56331

http://www.handlebra.com/

:beer:

SoCalSteve
02-26-2009, 10:31 AM

Thanks for the help.

If you require a 6 months unconditional return policy, then spending the extra $$$ at WallBikes is actually cheap...

Also, Bill Laine happens to be a very nice man. And, very generous with his knowledge of Brooks.

Good luck!

Steve

dschlichting
02-26-2009, 12:46 PM
Just ordered 2 pairs of the attractively pricesd Assos Mille shorts. Received in 4 days. This has been my experience with them. No complaints at all.

eddief
02-26-2009, 12:57 PM
talking to the very curt bob lickton can be a bit of a putoff, but he seems to be just another quirky guy in the bike biz.

maunahaole
02-26-2009, 01:36 PM
Lickton's is a reputable outfit. However I ordered from them a few years ago, they messed up the order and eventually filled it, but I think that they shorted me on a refund of some money for something. I remember a hidden handling charge or something that didn't appear on the original price estimate, which rubbed me the wrong way. When I dealt with them, they said that I coulndn't count on the web page being updated re: availability and price and that I needed to call in. When you call in, chances are you will deal with the aforementioned Bob Lickton. Calling him a crabass is kind.

That said, I'll never do business with them again. There are other places to by stuff that at least provide the illusion of appreciating me as a customer.

Buy your leather wrap from Ray aka AR aka Handlebra. It is superb and easy to use. Read his instructions on his page first to have the necessary materials on hand before you start.

gone
02-26-2009, 04:14 PM
Lickton's is a reputable outfit.

When you call in, chances are you will deal with the aforementioned Bob Lickton. Calling him a crabass is kind.

That said, I'll never do business with them again. There are other places to by stuff that at least provide the illusion of appreciating me as a customer.

+1. I can usually get treated like dirt by people without having to give them money.