PDA

View Full Version : Goodrich Cross (NAHBS)

SamIAm
02-25-2009, 09:42 PM
Most people here know that I am a big fan of Curt's work (in addition to being a capitalist pig :) )

He had sent me this picture of the cross bike he is bringing to NAHBS. This is the first for the team he is sponsoring next year. He asked me not to post it so as to be a surprise for the show, but I saw it had already been outed on the other forum, so I thought I would post it here.

He is also bringing a beautiful racer that he built for my wife. I won't post pictures of that, but it is very, very sweet.

I am leaving for my first NAHBS tomorrow and am quite excited to say the least, also fortunate that I have a wife who is more excited than me about a "bike" show.

I think it was this time last year when this forum took advantage of Curt's pending price increase with a small incentive. Probably time to do that again soon.

goonster
02-25-2009, 09:53 PM
That kicks ***. No doubt.

93legendti
02-25-2009, 09:58 PM
I like it. A very pretty blue. What's the fork?

SamIAm
02-25-2009, 10:02 PM
I like it. A very pretty blue. What's the fork?

Not sure of the maker, but its a carbon fork. Curt's first, I think.

Auk
02-25-2009, 10:15 PM
Looks like an Edge fork

rnhood
02-25-2009, 10:24 PM
Unique and sharp looking. Very tasteful. Love to have one.

H.Frank Beshear
02-26-2009, 07:00 AM
See you in Indie Sam. I'm meeting Curt this morning to hand off my "Sportif" it's the white bike I brought out to Doug's this past summer. It's even clean again :>). See you all in Indie on Sat afternoon. Safe travels all. enjoy the day, Frank

SamIAm
02-26-2009, 07:18 AM
See you in Indie Sam. I'm meeting Curt this morning to hand off my "Sportif" it's the white bike I brought out to Doug's this past summer. It's even clean again :>). See you all in Indie on Sat afternoon. Safe travels all. enjoy the day, Frank

I thought you were driving down with Curt, no?

Johny
02-26-2009, 07:29 AM
Curt rocks!

Too bad I have to miss the show (wife and I both need to work). I'm sure you guys will have a blast. Have fun and take pictures for us.

John

H.Frank Beshear
02-26-2009, 07:38 AM
I thought you were driving down with Curt, no?

Curt is driving down with one of the other Minneapolis builders today, I'm about half way between there and Indie. I had planned on being there Friday-Sunday but plans changed a bit so I'll leave here Saturday morning and get in around 2:30 or so and maybe sooner. I'll definitely be there for the dinner though. Frank

thwart
02-26-2009, 10:44 AM
Thatsa beauty, no doubt. A carbon fork! :rolleyes:

Love to see a pic of your wife's bike, if you have a chance.

William
02-26-2009, 11:19 AM
Very, very nice! :cool:

William

MarleyMon
03-02-2009, 03:02 AM
This bike won an award for best off road.
SamIAm and his lovely wife were great dinner companions
at the Serotta Forum dinner Saturday.
I think one of the bikes in Curt's booth was hers.
Keep showing the love for Goodrich, SamIAm - he deserves it.

Pete Serotta
03-02-2009, 06:27 AM
I lusted for that cross bike and almost had it out the door for a ride before Rob caught me.

Another bike of Curt's that was also probably in the running for an award was the green bike with the RECORD 11 speed---- If a certain lady does not mind, I might have to call CURT and get on the list for one......(I think another very nice gentleman has a Weigle that color already>>>>

rphetteplace
03-02-2009, 12:27 PM
SamIam it was really a pleasure meeting you and your wife. Great new bikes!

SamIAm
03-02-2009, 02:58 PM
SamIam it was really a pleasure meeting you and your wife. Great new bikes!

Likewise, loved you and your wife's Desalvo's as well. I saw someone mention a trend in seeing a lot of Columbus Max frames. Yours wins that contest by a mile.