PDA

View Full Version : Road bike rental in Milan, Italy

chakatrain
02-25-2009, 08:04 PM
Hi all...am going to the Giro d'Italia in a few months for a bike tour view of the grand tour.

While I've brought a bike from the USA for European riding before, I'm thinking this time of renting a bike in Milan, for maybe 10 days. I'm looking for a classic steed of some sort, like a De Rosa, Colnago, even a Pegoretti or some lovely framemaker I've never heard of.

Can anyone recommend a shop or service that would rent a similar quality road bike for a week/10 days?

Best!
-e

johnmdesigner
02-25-2009, 08:16 PM
My favorite shop in Milan is Grandcyclismo but I don't know if they do rentals.
I believe Comobike (in Como, not far from Milan) does rentals. www.comobike.com
You should ride out of Como anyway as Milan is hell to ride in. You can do the Lombardia route from there.
Lucky devil. :crap:

Climb01742
02-26-2009, 06:15 AM
yes, if you can get to lake como, go. it's stunning.

Polyglot
02-26-2009, 07:18 AM
My favorite shop in Milan is Grandcyclismo but I don't know if they do rentals.

I suppose that you mean Gran Ciclismo

GRAN CICLISMO via Folli, 43 telephone number when calling from the US: 011-39-02-2154946

This is the historic Cinelli "outlet"

Samster
02-26-2009, 02:39 PM
ditto what johnmdesigner said. milan is confusing and congested (but you could go to the castello sforzesco to see where they begin milano-san remo, right by piazza sempione... get a gelato and watch the milanese stroll through life.) go to como and the rest of the lakes (lugano and maggiore). it's beautiful there. hilly too.

Samster
02-26-2009, 02:47 PM
also, don't forget to go up to the roof of the duomo.

ciclisto
02-26-2009, 10:31 PM
Como bike does rentals and you can see on their web site click "hire" Italain noleggio. An englishman runs this shop and easy to deal with.... Suggest
the Hotel "Il Perlo" near the Ghisallo church check it out.