PDA

View Full Version : OT: Quick! Where's the Boxer...

William
02-25-2009, 11:46 AM
:)

jmeloy
02-25-2009, 11:54 AM
William, very nice. In addition to my new Zanc we have a somewhat new boxer pup in the family, Brody. He's a hard headed little cuss. Shown sleeping with his 'bro, Owen.
-Jeff

johnnymossville
02-25-2009, 11:56 AM

I LOVE THAT PIC! That dog looks so happy out there.

William
02-25-2009, 12:09 PM
William, very nice. In addition to my new Zanc we have a somewhat new boxer pup in the family, Brody. He's a hard headed little cuss. Shown sleeping with his 'bro, Owen.
-Jeff

Cute! Boxers really are clowns for life. Our Bruno is a riot and keeps Rhea Basset on her toes.

William

Sandy
02-25-2009, 12:22 PM

He is in your heart and mind. I also see him in the photo.

Sandy

Sandy
02-25-2009, 12:47 PM
-Jeff

Here is a thought from left field- Are you sure Brody is a Boxer? Boxers are normally fawn or brindle in color, so the black/white surprised me a bit (not the white). Brody is lying down so it is difficult to really see him, but is it possible he is a Bull Boxer? A Bull Boxer is a cross between a Boxer and a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. A Staffordshire Bull Terrier is considered by many to be in the category of a Pit Bull, but the Staffordshire Bull Terrier is a British breed and has a different origin from the American Pit Bull Terrier or the American Staffordshire Terrier, both of which are considered by most to be in the pit bull classification. The resultant cross of the Staffordshire Bull Terrier with the Boxer supposedly gives a dog with characteristics superior to the parents.

Bull Boxers can certainly be black and white, and look similar to Brody. I would guess that a Bull Boxer is not seen too often. I believe that you said Brody is stubborn. I don't know how stubborn Boxers are, but Staffordshire Bull Terriers have a terrier heritage, and Terriers are know to be stubborn. Take a look, please, at some photos of Bull Boxers.

I am probably incorrect about the above, but Bull Boxer came to my mind after I saw the photo. Actually Pit Bull came first, until I thoght about it. Did you get Brody from a professional Boxer Breeder? If so, the chance of what I said is probably exceptionally small- close to zero. Real, real close. If the breeder was not a professional, then who knows?

Sandy

Fred D
02-25-2009, 12:49 PM
Here it is. Cute puppy by the way.

I am just a poor boy and my story's seldom told
I've squandered my resistance for a pocketful of mumbles, such are promises
All lies and jest, still the man hears what he wants to hear
And disregards the rest, hmmmm

When i left my home and my family, i was no more than a boy
In the company of strangers
In the quiet of the railway station, runnin' scared
Laying low, seeking out the poorer quarters, where the ragged people go
Looking for the places only they would know

Li la li...

Asking only workman's wages, i come lookin' for a job, but i get no offers
Just a comeon from the whores on 7th avenue
I do declare, there were times when i was so lonesome
I took some comfort there

Now the years are rolling by me, they are rockin' even me
I am older than i once was, and younger than i'll be, that's not unusual
No it isn't strange, after changes upon changes, we are more or less the same
After changes we are more or less the same

Li la li...

And i'm laying out my winter clothes, wishing i was gone, goin' home
Where the new york city winters aren't bleedin' me, leadin' me to go home

In the clearing stands a boxer, and a fighter by his trade
And he carries the reminders of every glove that laid him down or cut him
'til he cried out in his anger and his shame
I am leaving, i am leaving, but the fighter still remains
Yes he still remains

Li la li...

jmeloy
02-25-2009, 01:26 PM
Here is a thought from left field- Are you sure Brody is a Boxer? Boxers are normally fawn or brindle in color, so the black/white surprised me a bit (not the white). Brody is lying down so it is difficult to really see him, but is it possible he is a Bull Boxer? A Bull Boxer is a cross between a Boxer and a Staffordshire Bull Terrier. A Staffordshire Bull Terrier is considered by many to be in the category of a Pit Bull, but the Staffordshire Bull Terrier is a British breed and has a different origin from the American Pit Bull Terrier or the American Staffordshire Terrier, both of which are considered by most to be in the pit bull classification. The resultant cross of the Staffordshire Bull Terrier with the Boxer supposedly gives a dog with characteristics superior to the parents.

Bull Boxers can certainly be black and white, and look similar to Brody. I would guess that a Bull Boxer is not seen too often. I believe that you said Brody is stubborn. I don't know how stubborn Boxers are, but Staffordshire Bull Terriers have a terrier heritage, and Terriers are know to be stubborn. Take a look, please, at some photos of Bull Boxers.

I am probably incorrect about the above, but Bull Boxer came to my mind after I saw the photo. Actually Pit Bull came first, until I thought about it. Did you get Brody from a professional Boxer Breeder? If so, the chance of what I said is probably exceptionally small- close to zero. Real, real close. If the breeder was not a professional, then who knows?

Sandy
Hi Sandy, yep he's a boxer. "Blacks" are relatively new and are also called Seal Brindles. Basically it is a brindle with the brown out. In some light he looks really dark brown.
Take a gander at Brody's (unrelated) cousin, Chandler. Same breeder but different folks. They've become very popular in the Midwest over the past couple of years.

Sandy
02-25-2009, 04:09 PM
Hi Sandy, yep he's a boxer. "Blacks" are relatively new and are also called Seal Brindles. Basically it is a brindle with the brown out. In some light he looks really dark brown.
Take a gander at Brody's (unrelated) cousin, Chandler. Same breeder but different folks. They've become very popular in the Midwest over the past couple of years.

Neat. I would love to see a photo of Brody from the front. Clearly, simply adorable Chandler is not a Boxer. He is a penguin! :) I don't know if you realize it or not, Brody is certainly a special Boxer- He has 4 feet and only 3 legs- Look at the photo. :rolleyes: :)

Anyway you look at it, Boxers are wonderful loving and energetic dogs- great with kids.

Sandy

sbornia
02-25-2009, 04:55 PM
Here is my bro's Boxer, Disco. If you live near the lower East side, he may have slobbered on you at some point.

I don't know much about dogs, but he seems pretty smart. Was out for a walk the other day and saw a car pulling out of a spot. Same make, model and color as our dad's car. Disco stopped, started wimpering, then tried to jump on the car. He recognized the car and thought it was our dad leaving.

William
02-25-2009, 06:01 PM
Disco looks a lot like Bruno. :cool:

William

sbornia
02-25-2009, 06:23 PM
Disco looks a lot like Bruno. :cool:
William

He likes the snow, too. Tries to eat the flakes as they float down.

jmeloy
02-25-2009, 07:47 PM
Neat. I would love to see a photo of Brody from the front. Clearly, simply adorable Chandler is not a Boxer. He is a penguin! :) I don't know if you realize it or not, Brody is certainly a special Boxer- He has 4 feet and only 3 legs- Look at the photo. :rolleyes: :)

Anyway you look at it, Boxers are wonderful loving and energetic dogs- great with kids.

Sandy
the Brodster sampling a Kansas leaf for a snack.

NRRider
02-25-2009, 07:57 PM
I remember 10 years ago we were looking for a dog and we went to a show to check out the breeds. Boxers clearly were my favorites. One of them kind of jumped up and hugged me so that I would give him some more attention. Kind of like a late teen acting like a little kid. Just seemed to have the nicest disposition.
Too bad they are so big. We were looking for something much smaller and ended up with a great Border Terrier (also a great breed).

Skrawny
02-26-2009, 05:04 AM
Awwwwwww.
Now how do I convince my fiancee that we should get one....?
I'll work on that right after I get my Ottrott.
-s

William
02-26-2009, 06:48 AM
B-B-B-BRUNO!! :banana:

Skrawny
02-26-2009, 09:06 AM
I love the fact that boxers always seem to have that "can we play now?" look. When they're awake that is...
-s

jmeloy
02-26-2009, 09:14 AM
B-B-B-BRUNO!! :banana:
handsome boy!

William
02-26-2009, 11:21 AM
Mr Bruno, time for your close up... :)

Sandy
02-26-2009, 11:57 AM
Please get him smaller shoes. They are much too large for him. :)

Simple Sandy

Fred D
02-26-2009, 12:28 PM
Growing up my best friend had a boxer named Max. He would go around the neighborhood and get handouts at most houses. I remember at one place they gave him a hot dog and he walked around with it hanging out of his mouth like a cigar. Funny dog.