PDA

View Full Version : Colorado AL

tkbike
02-23-2009, 08:18 PM
Long time viewer, first time poster. I picked up an Aluminum Serotta for a really good price a while back and it got me back into cycling. It is a little big for me but not bad, I am 6'2'" and this is a 62 frame. The bike has not been ridden much and is in excellent condition. I have a Dura Ace triple crankset, Ultegra Levers and Ultegra SL derailleurs taken off another bike. I am trying to decide whether to put them on this bike or set aside for another project. Does anybody know if this is an English bottom bracket ? Is the seat tube decal still available anywhere? Do manuals exists for this model?

flickwet
02-24-2009, 08:58 AM
I would buid it up however you wish, aluninum Serottas are fabulous frames that kinda get lost in the conversations regarding steel and lugs etc. While I am not aware per say of any "manuals" relating to your frame there is some info you could search out on this forum, If I recall the Al Serottas were not made at Serotta proper but were built by the best Al fabricators in the business, Kinesis I believe. What year is your frame, I could see if I have a catalog for that year which may tell me something, otherwise if someone with more knowledge than me could respond that would be great cause I'm kinda curious about Al Serottas myself.

flickwet
02-24-2009, 08:59 AM
I have seen decals on ebay and elsewhere, Don't know about the BB

tv_vt
02-24-2009, 09:20 AM
is english, as are all Serottas. I had an Al for a while. Good Stiff bike. Pretty in Big Boy Blue. I ran fatter tires to smooth out the ride a bit.

T

rwsaunders
02-24-2009, 09:25 AM
Try Cycle Art for decals. I see a competition red Al Serotta cruise the roads of Pittsburgh every now and then.