PDA

View Full Version : Bacon, Part 4

Ray
02-22-2009, 04:45 PM
This guy is, or shortly will be, a very sick man. But sometimes, in time of economic stress, one may need to distract oneself by reaching for the cosmos.

http://blog.rifftrax.com/2009/01/31/bacon-stupidity/

-Ray

Lurch
02-22-2009, 05:40 PM
Reminds me of many years ago when i tried the Atkins diet when it first came out, before they had all the cool supplements and replacement foods. Lots or meat and cheese sounds cool, until you ooze amino acids from your pores because your body is overwhelmed with protein.

I wish him luck, hopefully he has a better time of it then I did.

WadePatton
02-22-2009, 05:57 PM
the more i learn (and experience) about nutrition and health and disease, the less flesh i consume.

really-just sayin'.

paulandmonster
02-22-2009, 06:30 PM
eat what you want, keep it fresh and not processed and exercise and youl be fine. im no doctor but i believe if you excise and watch how much of bad things you eat you can eat whatever youd like. personally id rather eat hagen dazz and crap out at 60 than eat tree bark and sticks and live to 75.

flickwet
02-22-2009, 07:49 PM
blessed are the ignorant, for they know not what the heck they are doin' the other side of the coin a la paulandmonster: Don't drink don't smoke don't do nothin' won't live forever but it seems like it, ocasionally indulge otherwise guilty pleasures become neither.

97CSI
02-22-2009, 07:58 PM
paulandmonster are close to being correct. Primary determinant in how how long you will live and how healthy you will be is in your genes. Nothing to excess helps, but nothing works like having the right lineage. Fixed the wife and I a nice breakfast of fried eggs, bacon, fried potatoes and bagels with lots of coffee and jelly. Absolutely one of my favorite meals with my favorite person. I was good and only had three eggs and eight slices of bacon. Lots of Smuckers apricot jam on an 'everything' bagel. yum. Enjoy life. Don't hold back.

don'TreadOnMe
02-23-2009, 07:43 AM
@ work this past Friday a.m., I'm in line paying for coffee in the cafe.
Guy in front of me is paying for a slab of scrapple and three pieces of bacon, and nothing more.
I laughed out loud, he looked at me and said, "Yeah, it's gonna be a good day".

Thinking of Phelps, Wheaties, and breakfasts of champions.