PDA

View Full Version : Fizik Aliante: Regular version vs Gamma?

BdaGhisallo
02-22-2009, 10:20 AM
Anyone used the Aliante in both the normal shell version and the cheaper Gamma version? I love the saddle in its normal form but I find that with the give in the carbon hammock, the saddle tends to permanently sag much too soon for my liking, leading to problems getting comfortable balance the upswept tail with the upturned nose.

Do the Gamma versions, with less of a carbon hammock, tend to hold their shape better and longer and not sag so much?

djg
02-22-2009, 10:26 AM
I tried one -- it's a harder shell (which I don't like as well) but it may hold up better for you. I got rid of the gamma and just have the carbon shelled ones now. They seem to hold up ok for me, but obviously not to your liking.

mgm777
02-22-2009, 10:32 AM
Can't speak on the longevity of the Gamma, but I have one and it is definitely "softer" than my two regular versions. So much so, that I had to adjust my seatpost height to compensate for the increased squish. I strongly prefer the regular Aliante.

Pete Serotta
02-22-2009, 12:05 PM
i prefer the regular one.....More than a few folks that I know went back to the regular gamma..... but then seats are very personal :butt:

BdaGhisallo
02-22-2009, 02:11 PM
Hmmm. I certainly wasn't expecting to hear that the gamma is softer!!

Cheers, thanks for the feedback.

Geoff