PDA

View Full Version : Ah HA! That's it!

M_A_Martin
01-11-2004, 08:54 PM
We're all on drugs.
Perhaps this explains why we spend so much to get our "fix"? I wonder if they checked to see if the Young Men in the study smoked a bit of weed before showing up to ride their bikes? From CNN:

http://www.cnn.com/2004/HEALTH/01/11/marijuana.exercise.reut/index.html

High levels of anandamide were found in young men who ran or cycled at a moderate rate for about an hour, according to a study made public this week by the Georgia Institute of Technology and the University of California, Irvine.

Anandamide is a cannabinoid, or lipid molecule, that is naturally produced in the body. It is known to produce sensations that are similar to those of THC, the psychoactive property in marijuana.

BumbleBeeDave
01-11-2004, 09:00 PM
. . . close that door! All my cannabinoids are escapin’!!

BBDave:beer:

M_A_Martin
01-11-2004, 09:04 PM
I'm sure the Serotta world is happy that I'm returning to work tomorrow. :(

Thanks for the entertainment and enlightenment while I was sitting around behaving myself healing my knee and ankle!

:banana:

Ginger

SPOKE
01-11-2004, 09:36 PM
not to worry Mary Ann. work is still over rated. i'm sure they'll be glad to have you back. nothing like an immediate reduction in work load to make everyone a little happier!

M_A_Martin
01-11-2004, 09:52 PM
Unfortunately Spoke...nobody does my job when I'm gone.

(I'm a department of One)

They'll stack it, but they won't touch it. Six weeks of work piled up and waiting just for me!

YAY!

On the up side, nobody really knows how I do *what* I do. They just enjoy the product I produce.

I have been monitoring my work email...there's only a couple fires to put out. I guess that's why I get paid the big bucks...
...Oh wait...

:)

Fortunately I enjoy what I do.

for your reading pleasure:
http://www.beerchurch.com/mullet_haiku.htm

M_A_Martin
01-12-2004, 09:02 PM
From 3.8 posts per day

to barely 1.

The first day back is always the hardest.
Nite nite.