PDA

View Full Version : Nocentini

coopdog
02-22-2009, 06:40 AM
I'm not sure Nocentini will win the Most Courageous Rider award any time soon. It looked like he was using every excuse he could not to work in the breakaway. I thought it was an exciting race but disappointing finish.

Thoughts?

dekindy
02-22-2009, 08:31 AM
A rider should access his abilities and select the strategy that gives him the best chance to achieve his goal.

I like the description that Niconteni outfoxed his opponents and won the stage. Are you saying you would describe him as an uncourageous stage winner? I thought the breakaway in Stage 7 was the most exciting stage by far. Are you forgetting all the riding and strategy it took to put himself in that situation?

Since strategy is huge part of cycling I don't understand your comment at all. Please explain because I am pretty much a black/white kind of guy.

coopdog
02-22-2009, 08:48 AM
It was indeed a great stage. Instead of doing his share of the work in the breakaway, Nocentini appeared to sit-on a lot. At least, that's what the tv coverage showed several times. Of course, the other members of the breakaway could have changed their strategy in light of that. I think it would have been a more 'heroic' performance had he worked an equal amount and won. But as you say bike racing is very strategic.

mike p
02-22-2009, 08:54 AM
Some of us haven't seen the TV coverage! Thats why we put spoiler in the headline! Why is it we have to go through this every f#$%ing race!

Thanks
Mike

Elefantino
02-22-2009, 09:44 AM
It's all about winning.

The rest is just whining.