PDA

View Full Version : deal or no deal?

jvp
02-21-2009, 06:06 PM
performance/serotta (http://raleigh.craigslist.org/bik/1044626132.html)
"For Sale is a unique Road frame. I am selling because it is too small. I had intended to build it into a fixed gear. Below are the specs

Frame: Columbus steel lugged. Frame made by Serotta for Performance Bicycles
Headtube 1 inch
Horizontal drops
21 inches top tube c-c
20.5 inches center of bottom bracket to center of seat tube

Minor blemishes: Otherwise in great condition. Would make a great road bike build or fixed gear build "

jvp
02-21-2009, 07:36 PM
maybe not?
complaint dept. (http://raleigh.craigslist.org/bik/1044879084.html)
"PLEASE DO NOT PATRONIZE PERFORMANCE BIKE!
I purchased a pair of road shoes and pedals, had the tech install the cleats on the shoes. On my first ride the cleats came off of my left shoe, because the holes were stripped out, sending me flying. I sustained numerous injuries. Performance Bike and their insurance company would not accept any of the responsibility. Thank You."

sokyroadie
02-22-2009, 07:43 AM
I fail to see the connection between the two, Serotta built some frames for Performance that they marketed. Performance supposedly had/has issues with service (competence) which any multi store chain will have. If you are saying that the issues reflect on the quality of the frame, I don't get it. That looks like a great deal if the frame is in the shape that he say's.

BTW - I am not defending Performance as I have never been in one of their shops and seldom buy anything from them online.

Jeff

jvp
02-22-2009, 09:01 AM
No, I know there is no connection, the only reason I posted the complaint was that the two craigslist ads were vitually side by side, and I thought it kind of funny. The frame is my size but I really can't take on another project right now...

97CSI
02-22-2009, 09:05 AM
If it were my size I would be all over that frame.

rugbysecondrow
02-22-2009, 09:31 AM
If it were my size, I would have called the guy.

Elefantino
02-22-2009, 09:42 AM
"fixed gear build" my a**.

That's a road bike there, boys and girls.

And for two bills? Bing.